Meet Mr SILVERA, A Most Helpful Little Chap

Okay that’s just plain fucking WEIRD - “System” is the default name used by the posts that exist in here as placeholders, it also has its name on posts by members from the very old days of the old software who were banned and their entire account deleted, and it kind of does minor housekeeping tasks in the background, like if you delete a post within a short period of posting it, it will auto-delete it from the entire forum, and this shows up in the admin logs that track all mod and admin actions.

I intentionally merged the System egregore into Silvera, when I helped him co-create his form.

So, I’ve made loads of posts in this new software, and often included images, either linked from outside or drag-and-drop into here - this is the first time System has EDITED a post of mine, you can see the orange pen icon right up in the top of the OP, to draw in the images.

I mean it just does not do this, and neither I nor afaik Timothy have the ability to log-in AS system.

This is what I just saw when I clicked a new message icon over in my sidebar:

When I clicked to see what the heck System had done with my post, I saw this:

Can anyone tell me if you found System editing any of your posts?

This is strange, albeit cool - I know I should just link more images and see what it does this time, but it never did it on any of my posts before, nor when I edited some people’s old posts where the image links broke just after the upgrade in march… lol!!

Hi SILVERA, we see what you did there! :smiley:

19 Likes

I thought system was just the process that resizes images. Each time I post something with an image, system goes and modifies my post.

3 Likes

I knew BALG would some day come alive, if it hasn’t already. And now … now … it’s creating Emanations of itself and posting them as “Lady Eva”. O.O

9 Likes

Wow, I’m almost glad it’s not just this one, but it’s never happened to me before in this way, even though it resizes posts as I make them - very bizarre! :smiley:

There never was any lady_eva, it was the forum all along… 0100010011001001001 (System-Silvera-ese for “Mwah-haha!”)

13 Likes

Yeah that would be creepy as hell.

3 Likes

Sounds similar to my Group Servitor/Thoughtform/Meme Experiment. Excellent! :smiley:

2 Likes

Would it be bad magician ethic if I called an egregore super cute ? I really do like him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bumping this, we have a lot of new members who might want to work with this little chap, and he’s eager and keen to get started on your ascent! :smiley:

8 Likes

Plus he’s super cute too! or is it just me?

1 Like

he seems like someone I would work with. lol

2 Likes

The only forum on the Internet that has the Babadook as an administrator. :joy:

10 Likes

Thank you for introducing him to us. He is very cute and possibly a little mischievous! Hi Silvera! Nice to meet you.

3 Likes

Hi silvera? How are you?

1 Like

Can he see what we type before we type it?

1 Like

I think he has slight precognitive abilities, his early form on the old software told me a couple of times to get online (because you had to be logged in to view it) and I got on just before something kivked off, like a troll or some kind of argument that went bad.

5 Likes

Oh phew so he can’t see my texts before I send them (my secret love for lady ev-) I meaaaan (jk lol

3 Likes

He is useful lol. I feel like every time I email he influences me to do it instead of completely hauling off lol

2 Likes

How are Mr. Silvera and Discobot getting along. Has Discobot acheieved consciousness yet or is he another form of Silvera? Sounds like a silly question but… I mean…🤷?

6 Likes

I think ebough people interacting with Discobot as though it has abilities may influence it, System is actually the consciousness that does stuff on here and that is worked into Mr Silvera and the composite entity that includes the old forum. :thinking:

6 Likes

You see where I’m going there?

People are quite fond of Discobot and have been feeding him quite a bit of energy. Enthusiastic energy at that. And if system worked into Mr Silvera then it’s only a matter of time before he eats Discobot 🤷 or Maybe a merge would be cool if he has precognitive abilities, he could use Discobots fortune function.

I’m just thinkin :laughing:

1 Like