Meditation Experiances

Not sure of where to put this, so I’m going ahead and putting it here.
If this is the wrong place, then I apologize.

There’s only been a few times that I’ve actively sat down and meditated.
There have been times when I would just be thinking about random things and then following on a train of thought and suddenly come to an “AH-HA” moment, which I’ve heard is basically a form of enlightenment.

But anyhew.
The last time I actively meditated isn’t quite clear to me anymore.
I don’t remember all of it because this was some time back and I hadn’t gotten in the habit of writing my experiences down.
I was experimenting and just sat with my headphones on while listening to some new age Buddhist monk chanting music and letting my mind go with whatever imagery the music was conjuring up.
It started out soaring through some rocky valley at night. The cliff faces were pretty defined and the blackness of the sky was peppered with stars.
It wasn’t long before I could see a galaxy in the sky.
I “flew” up towards it and once i got pretty close, I projected a cord from my heart chakra at the galaxy’s center. When it got to the point that I felt that the chord reached it, it was still quite a ways away, I started to “pull” energy from it.
Just as the energy from the galactic center reached my chakra, I was projected from the form I was in at the time and ascended even higher.
I was now in the center of what looked like massive dark celestial pillars that, when I looked up, weren’t pillars at all but beings staring down in my direction. Some of them had one eye, some of them had two, but I wasn’t able to see their faces. I “flew” up towards them and noticed that they weren’t watching me at all. they were more like observing something that was below them. I didn’t take the time to look at what they were observing because a massive dragon fish like creature caught my attention as it was “swimming” through the darkness. I went up to it and grabbed on to it and let it take me around for a bit until I saw a star speeding past us. I let go of the creature and then pursued the star. I grabbed it and tried pulling myself towards it but it was going so fast and producing so much energy, it made it difficult.
This is when the imagery gets muddled and confusing. I don’t remember much more.
I know this isn’t really informative but I wanted to see what you think about this.
was this something that could possibly be profound or was it just random unguided imagery?

That sounds like accidental soul travel to me, it’s definitely not what most people would call meditation, where you focus on a specific thing (or lack of thing, whatever).

Really?
I figured it was something like that

[quote=“dranos, post:1, topic:6811”]Not sure of where to put this, so I’m going ahead and putting it here.
If this is the wrong place, then I apologize.

There’s only been a few times that I’ve actively sat down and meditated.
There have been times when I would just be thinking about random things and then following on a train of thought and suddenly come to an “AH-HA” moment, which I’ve heard is basically a form of enlightenment.

But anyhew.

The last time I actively meditated isn’t quite clear to me anymore.
I don’t remember all of it because this was some time back and I hadn’t gotten in the habit of writing my experiences down.
I was experimenting and just sat with my headphones on while listening to some new age Buddhist monk chanting music and letting my mind go with whatever imagery the music was conjuring up.
It started out soaring through some rocky valley at night. The cliff faces were pretty defined and the blackness of the sky was peppered with stars.
It wasn’t long before I could see a galaxy in the sky.
I “flew” up towards it and once i got pretty close, I projected a cord from my heart chakra at the galaxy’s center. When it got to the point that I felt that the chord reached it, it was still quite a ways away, I started to “pull” energy from it.
Just as the energy from the galactic center reached my chakra, I was projected from the form I was in at the time and ascended even higher.
I was now in the center of what looked like massive dark celestial pillars that, when I looked up, weren’t pillars at all but beings staring down in my direction. Some of them had one eye, some of them had two, but I wasn’t able to see their faces. I “flew” up towards them and noticed that they weren’t watching me at all. they were more like observing something that was below them. I didn’t take the time to look at what they were observing because a massive dragon fish like creature caught my attention as it was “swimming” through the darkness. I went up to it and grabbed on to it and let it take me around for a bit until I saw a star speeding past us. I let go of the creature and then pursued the star. I grabbed it and tried pulling myself towards it but it was going so fast and producing so much energy, it made it difficult.
This is when the imagery gets muddled and confusing. I don’t remember much more.
I know this isn’t really informative but I wanted to see what you think about this.
was this something that could possibly be profound or was it just random unguided imagery?[/quote] what is it you were actually listening to? Was it on YouTube? This sounds like a really amazing experience.

It was amazing.
Ya, it was some random ambient tune with some Buddhist monk chanting.
To be honest though, I think the music had very little to do with the experience.
In fact, I think it might have cut off at some point during the session.
I don’t really remember.