Matthew 10:14-15

Matthew 10:14-15
New International Version (NIV)
14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Now I’m no heavily steeped Christian. However EA speaks of the curse of this Bible verse often and that it leaves disastrous consequences very fast. Anyone tried this yet?

I’ve actually done this - while on my mission no less - jesus, I keep bringing that up, I need to finally just expose that church and let it crumble - anyway, my companion and I did that a few times and it actually works. I remember once, after doing that after leaving a town, and the entire town flooded within a few days.

So wait all you need to do is shake the dust off your feet before you leave a town or home? Sounds awfully simple for something that crazy.

You’ve gotta remember - we were missionaries with the utmost conviction that what we were teaching was the absolute truth. We were also immersed in spiritual studies and prayed constantly - which would easily account for what we would call invoking omnipotence. Then, with the fervent belief that the town would not accept the word and that they were all wicked, with utter conviction and faith that God would destroy them - we dusted our feet as we left the town. It wasn’t just a simple action - to us it was an absolute act of righteous indignation. We also were conferred with the power that the church calls, the Melchizedek priesthood - which is actually a pretty potent priesthood to hold. EA said there are ways, aside from joining the LDS church, to be initiated into the Melchizedek priesthood. It’s just as powerful as many other initiatory powers, though obviously not as powerful as all of them. There are definitely some insanely powerful “priesthoods” one can obtain through initiation into certain orders. But yeah … to us it wasn’t just some silly thing to do. As a matter of fact, we were actually banned from doing that for that very reason. But we did it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
The Missions have all seen many occurrences of similar cursings by missionaries. Which is why they eventually banned it. At first it was actually encouraged - but after so much damage was actually done, they decided to remove it from things missionaries should do.

You’ve gotta remember - we were missionaries with the utmost conviction that what we were teaching was the absolute truth. We were also immersed in spiritual studies and prayed constantly - which would easily account for what we would call invoking omnipotence. Then, with the fervent belief that the town would not accept the word and that they were all wicked, with utter conviction and faith that God would destroy them - we dusted our feet as we left the town. It wasn’t just a simple action - to us it was an absolute act of righteous indignation. We also were conferred with the power that the church calls, the Melchizedek priesthood - which is actually a pretty potent priesthood to hold. EA said there are ways, aside from joining the LDS church, to be initiated into the Melchizedek priesthood. It’s just as powerful as many other initiatory powers, though obviously not as powerful as all of them. There are definitely some insanely powerful “priesthoods” one can obtain through initiation into certain orders. But yeah … to us it wasn’t just some silly thing to do. As a matter of fact, we were actually banned from doing that for that very reason. But we did it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
The Missions have all seen many occurrences of similar cursings by missionaries. Which is why they eventually banned it. At first it was actually encouraged - but after so much damage was actually done, they decided to remove it from things missionaries should do.[/quote]

Oh wow, the LDS sounds like its got some badasses in there. Wish I had the power to send cities crumbling just by dusting off my shoes, but it wouldn’t be worth enduring the psychologocial programming. Better just to get that power another way, at least for me anyhow. But yeah I’d be interested in hearing any other interesting stories you may have about the LDS, sounds like you were pretty dedicated to them back then how did you get out?

hmmm, this is KILLER, literally haha

Anything that makes me literally go ‘hmmmmm’ is an amazing thing.

Dude - I definitely have some crazy stories.
I had one friend who was easily taken up into a heavy rapture state - though he had no idea what it was. One night, I asked him for a blessing to get off coke and H, and so he put his hands on my head and totally trances out - next thing I know he’s like nearly levitating with just his toe tops touching the ground and he’s got his hands out with his fingers spread out, his eyes were rolled back and he was making this crazy gasping sound. Then the fucker collapses to the floor - I was like WTF?! So, I go over to ask him if he’s ok, and he actually became possessed and starts talking to me like he’s Jesus … so I grab him a glass of water cuz he was drenched in sweat, and he was all, "No, my son - you drink - for this is my blood."
It was fucking crazy. The energy in the room was so god damned thick that I felt like I was on acid and the separation of colors was happening and the hallucination/LSD swirling was going on. There was light coming from everywhere. It was fucking crazy.
It was actually so weird to me at the time that after that I didn’t talk to him for a few years. hah- crazy LDS days man. I have some pretty crazy mission stories as well.

^^Thomas that’s pretty intense. I grew up Christian and never thought there was a dark side to Christianity. I’ve now come to the realization that there’s light and dark everything. I’m also much more careful about how I approach and treat people. The magickal path/ mindset has made me somewhat of a hermit.

Ressurecting another old thread… I must have balg nostalgia today.

I have experienced some pretty wild scenarios while I was a Pentecostal youth minister. I’ve seen and been in entire sections of large churches that everyone collapsed to the floor on command. I’ve been touched on the forehead and felt the electic shock of that little old man preacher. Knocked my ass to the floor. I was pretty deep into the movement. Yes speaking in angelic tongues, psychic visions and simple revelations about people. I just hated the bronze age morality mixed with leave it to beaver mentality. I think there is some power in this religiob as they use the Enochian words for God plus Gnostic trance. Prayer, fasting and celibacy will produce the necessary mental states to work spiritual power. Ive also taken a new occult look at the bible and definitely see a hidden religion and magick em embedded into the text. Like the rites to Azazel, cutting your hair and beard to curse a city, or just seeing the names of the angels and demons by reading in the original language.

Coming from a family with 3 Pentacostal ministers I can certainly agree. They work from a point of spiritual authority that I’ve not seen in other Christian denominations (speaking only from my experiences). Both my mother’s parents and her brother were ministers and I’ve seen them perform healing work, cleansings and heard talk of them performing exorcisms. Before delving into the occult I always thought much of this was psychosomatic but after understanding how one is able to tap into that higher power whatever one wishes to call it I have a new found respect for it.

One thing that always stuck with me was their approach to prayer. The only time they subjugated themselves was when thanking God. Any other time spiritual help was called for they would call down the power to work through them (in essence invoking omnipotence) they acted with absolute conviction and certainty that the power of God was running through them to complete the task they were given. I remember my grandmother put her hand on my forehead once while praying over me and speaking in tongues, I could feel energy running through my spine to the soles of my feet.

As I’ve said befor when one starts reading between the lines and looks more at the symbolism used in the bible you find a much deeper more powerful religion. A good understanding of Q/C/Kabala doesn’t hurt either.

1 Like