Main purpose of charging a sigil for invocations?

Any feedback on the main purpose or benefits of charging a sigil before invocations would be appreciated! I have read that charging the sigil with sexual fluid or a bit of your own blood makes the sigil “come alive,” but that’s about it…THANKS!!

2 Likes

IMO with charging your sigil pick a method that affirms the desire/intent of the sigil. For example, if your desire is that of a hex or destruction then charging it with blood might be an option. If not but prosperity create a sigil with those signs and words, blood isn’t needed, you can also render an offering, wine, or candy, perhaps a favored crystal.

Getting into a trance state where the sigil can leave a lasting impact on the subconscious is key to successfully charging a sigil. By chanting the mantras of your goal, a trance state can be achieved.

Although this method is slower and time consuming, your trance state lasts longer, enabling you to charge sigils effectively. Your focus is the key repeating the goal in your mind and saying it out loud will help achieve your goal.

2 Likes

purpose is to give it power and umph!! Otherwise your shooting blanks. lol can’;t hurt a fly or can’t get lady pregnant. :laughing:

2 Likes

An occultist wrote that the power is in the sign, but there is also a point of view stating that magical words and “symbols” are just that: words and drawings, it is required that a force activates them.

1 Like

Im wondering if an invocation performed before charging the sigil wouldn’t pack more of a punch than the other way around??? Charging is to convince u that it has energy behind it…a mental trick more or less to build confidence.

1 Like

I only do invocations of certain entities such as Asmodeus, Lilith, a few others. I only use their sigils. I have already put a few drops of my own blood, body fluid on the sigils at one time or another. Before I start the invocation, I always use a few drops of my blood on the sigil.

Not sure if I’m doing it correctly…