Magickal reality vs Hollywood Magick

Harry Potter is probably not even the most relevant example. Pokemon as a franchise is earning more than Harry Potter. When Christian Evangelicals say Pokemon is demonic, they are right.

1 Like

Not really though. Yeah, you’re using creatures to battle, but those creatures are more like animals than demons. If anything, it’s dog fighting for kids and barely has anything occult related.

Shin Megami Tensei is a much better example of the JRPG/mons genre being demonic since you actually fight alongside monsters (which are actually called demons) and it has a focus on the occult (albeit Hollywood occult).

1 Like

Kadabra’s head is shaped like an upside down star.

Okay? But star symbols don’t solely belong to the occult.

1 Like

Looking for symbolism where there is none. His head is shaped like an animal head, fox-like if anything.

2 Likes

Close, I found symbolism that was put there on purpose.

From Bulbapedia

Origin

Kadabra appears to be based on magicians and spoon benders. It also shares similarities with goats and foxes, two animals mythologically tied to magic. The symbols on Kadabra’s forehead and abdomen appear to be references to Zener cards, a small deck of symbols used in experiments to test for extrasensory perception and clairvoyance in the early 1930s. The “Transformation” novel about Kadabra may be based on Franz Kafka’s The Metamorphosis .

Name origin

Kadabra is part of an incantation used in stage magic, Abracadabra .

The Japanese names of the Abra line appears to be based on famous mystics. Yungerer appears to be a corruption of Uri Geller (with ăƒȘ ri replaced by the visually similar ン n ), who claims to have the ability to bend spoons with his mind. As a result, Geller sued Nintendo for using his likeness in a character.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: you made me laugh, honestly i may try to answer on his behalf. he is talking with the spirit though we cant see them but he can.

and there are some people who are pyschic open is normal to find them talking to themselves but in reality they are talking to their spirit guides. its sounds holywood but believe me its really.

1 Like

That doesn’t make Pokemon demonic. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Honestly, I view film as the modern version of the story telling practices our ancestors partook around the fire. So the theatrics of magic in it doesn’t bother me because it is, in a way, supposed to be a temporary distraction from reality. It may have themes that are realistic and promote thought (which tend to be the stories I enjoy the most) but it does not bother me in the end as it is a work of fiction ultimately.

4 Likes

There was this one time on the schoolbus I wanted the world to hear the song in my head. So I concentrated very hard for most of the ride. Finally the bus driver demanded we turn off that music. The bus wsa shocked. What music they demanded. They decided she was crazy.

But I knew.

This is one way magic would imitate Hollywood a little bit, but do note: only one person evidently heard “The EYe of the Tiger” on the bus that day. If the others heard it, they probably thought they had an ear worm.

1 Like

I wonder that the causation is of this phenomena, it’s maybe difficult to discern. But do you feel it was a innate skill you possessed or do you think it was because you were still young? As it’s known that children potentially might have easier access to their magickal abilities.

2 Likes

I was in my early teens, when magic was super interesting and I was always trying stuff. The skill I used happens to be one the psychic forces concentrate on with military programs. Nothing special.

2 Likes

Uh ur doing it, don’t doubt it, that kills it,
That said

No it.

1 Like

Yeah and non-Magician adults kill this in multiple ways, over and over again until it’s dead.

I see the flames in a ritual, but these have never burnt me.

Al.

2 Likes

I see what you did there, nice!

“Remote Viewing”?

2 Likes

I recall the Ninja TV show, and studied Stephen K Hayes for a while, even through his Quest centers. In his Ninja volumes, there was usually a special area devoted in the volume to the topic, and often it was on developing all six senses, useful for ninja to know, ya know?
Then there is Disney, Harry Potter, the show Magicians or something, and none of this have I ever seen in my practice, even though I dont absolutely suck, it will be a while before Im throwing fireballs around for muggles to witness. A long dozen reincarnations most likely.
The point is, something has hyped everyone to come here, but why?

1 Like

MKUltra all of entertainment is entrainment.
Propaganda, Edward Bernays

2 Likes

Or, perhaps the Exorcist or the Conjuring series. I have no doubt that the Warrens experienced it. Same with Lee Strobel and The Case For Christ. Still, we are here, and my neck hasnt rotated 360 degrees just yet, nor has furniture flown around the room or moved on me, except when dabbling with Enochian.
Still, there is a common thread to it all.

1 Like

That’s one of them. Interestingly my father taught us kids dowsing by age 5, so I guess my belief that psychic science and magic are intertwined comes from my background.