Magickal names

How did you guys come up with your magickal names?

5 Likes

Reading, learning, researching, ritual practice…
After some time, you may have a significant dream, something just comes up, automatic writings, or simply choose something you like.
You can change your magical name, or even to have more than one.
In some traditions, usually after initiation, you may receive a name from someone else.
It’s important that you like your magical name, that it has something that makes you feel “magical”.
Avoid grandiose names, as well as too pejorative ones, JMO.
At last, you really don’t have to have a magical name if you don’t feel like, you can use your own.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Azazel gave me mine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

From spirits, my godform, meditation.

3 Likes

Best as i can described is it was hurled at me like a bolt of lignting in meditation, damn sure what it felt like at the time.

4 Likes

In a different world/school, a term came to me, and I translated it into Latin.

4 Likes

Lucifer gave me my magickal name. I meditated on it a long time and I just got frustrated. I was in a deep trance state and asked if someone could suggest a name based on the nature of my spirit. Lucifer appeared and suggested the name.

4 Likes

From what little i’ve dug into it vedic astrology can apparently be used to figure which seeds sounds are basically linked to your various planetary aspects Or your energetic makeup as the procress for charting things is alot more involved than the basics used in western astrology.

For example if you have names that use the seed sounds linked to your sun sign it is said to strengthen your physical body with use.

If you have names that use the seed sound related to your moon sign it is said to actively strengthen the mind or mental body through use.

I havent explored this much myself past this point since i havent had the time, but the concept is interesting.

3 Likes

Your first Magickal name is the most powerful. Mine was really powerful in a life changing sense.

Al.