Lwa such as Pomba Giras personalities

I was wondering what the personality of the lwa were? Why are they regarded as “dangerous” if people clearly love them?

2 Likes

It varies. I honestly don’t know why they are so dangerous. You ever just marvel at game character who is way too OP? That’s the Lwa.

What I do know is that because these beings–who many were once human–have a close relationship to the earth, they act swiftly. That basically translates to them being easily accessible and demonstrating powerful results.

But it also means they dish out punishment with that same level of intensity and immediacy.

2 Likes

Do you know what would make them dish out punishment?

This also varies, but it’s not unlike anything you’d expect from other pantheons; eg. being disrespectful, fucking with their shrine, not keeping up with agreements etc. @dagar

2 Likes

It can be dangerous to work with the Lwa or any ATR spirit if you don’t know what you are doing. They are powerful. They work very quickly. They have specific rules and protocols they expect to be followed when dealing with them. Many of them are easy to anger. They can cause a great deal of harm to your life.

People love them because they are powerful. They work quickly. They are great protectors. They will get you the results you seek if you know how to work with them. Each spirit has it’s own personality. You need to know who to call for what purpose and you need to know how to interact with them in the proper way.

2 Likes