Lovecraftian Journal

Invocation of Insanity Session Seven

Final session of this ritual for now. There was no visuals this go around. I had a sense that they were…“unnecessary” to see at all. The energy shift of both my body and my surroundings tightened with every word of the incantation. Tighter and tighter, coiling around like a python sufficating its next meal. At the final word, I felt a snap in my mind and tension around me died immediately. That was it for the actual ritual.

The tension of my life has eased and the cloud hovering over my head since the srart of this ritual has parted. I found my mind thinking about the theory of a multiuniverse. While I still hold myself accountable of my actions, I find myself lacking a reason to have regrets in my life. After all, if a multiuniverse exists, there is a possiblity of a reality where that verison of myself made the choice I did not make in this reality. In a way, no matter what choices I make, there might be a verison of myself making the other choice. If it could be accessed, I could exprience all possible realities, which probably would result on maddness as well as perhaps annihilating my ego all together (as the choices that would help to shape it would no longer matter). Not to mention the thought of realities where I do not exist at all kinda belittles the importance of suffering here. I wonder if working with Yog-Sothoth would be the next step going down this rabbit hole on a later date.

An observation: I get the impression that by trying to pace myself with this series of session actually prolonged the suffered while still providing the benefits. If I perform this again, I will be performing the ritual in a row for seven days.

1 Like

Dagon Preparation Ritual

With my slight magical detour dealing with a less desireable, I decided to continue my journey working with the Lovecraftian spirits. This was a short meditation from the book Necromonicon Gnosis by Asenath Mason. The original ritual was a scrying session using a mirror as a gate way to connect to Dagon. The altar is decorated with shells, objects relating to the sea and the Moon Tarot Card to get the individual “in the zone”. I can see it being very helpful but, as usual, I went my own way with things. I did use the same incantation that Mason included in the book, which was “Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas”.

I began the ritual repeating the incantation as I visualized standing on the cliffs looking out to the Pacific Ocean I visited as a child. I watched the land darken with cloud cover as I chanted and began to walk down a path into a cave. I followed the moist stones, breathing in the salt air, picking up the metalic notes of blood. I walked down as the chill came in until I saw the rock walls open up to a rocky shore. I felt the air thicken as I chanted and called out to Dagon. I saw a dark shadow appear beneath the water, crawling towards the shore, stopping about ten yards out. The shape of the shadow was similiar shape to the Leviathan from Disney’s Atlantis, although he never surfaced to give more details.

I stepped into the water and felt the surge of fear run through me. Two slits of a bluish light appeared beneath the water, gazing up at me. He did not speak in terms of language as we know it, but through imagery. I followed the imagery and connected to the blood of lives lost at sea, drawing power from it as I passed on imagery of sinking ships being swallowed by the ocean’s maw. I saw towns and islands sink beneath the waves and watched the sea take back not only the material forms but the energy from the lives that were built by the sea. I also saw pillars of twisting, net like energy representing the fear of those who fear what lies beneath the waves.

I asked how that is useful beyond collecting power. I got the sense that it can have a protective element, welding the fear to keep others back. After all, there are treasures as well as death in the waters. I allowed myself to sink beneath the water and merged with it. I felt a sense of calm among the chaos, like I have all the time necessary to get things done.

1 Like