Lovecraft Gods

Their both a combination of thoutform and real gods

Everything’s a thoughtform. Gods are masks or personalities of the force behind them that are discovered by human interaction. Let that sink for a moment.

By nature, a thoughtform becomes real if it is given enough energy. The energy manifezts as real if it gets by the ,what I like to call nets of the upper worlds. This gets into the law of attraction .
Anyhow, I am aware of a Necronomicon translation written supposedly by John Dee entitled Al Azif. Lovecraft must have gotten it from his dreams then went in search of it. I believe the story that he got Al Azif from his father. He believed in the Old Ones so much that he would not go underground or anywhere they dwelt. He KNEW they were real.

i think they are as real as 72 demons of goetia !
i mean i dont think king solomon was a real man but the system actually works , same for lovecraftian system .

Um…no.

Lovecraft was a stone cold scientific materialist. He absolutely did not believe in the existence of the Old Ones. All you have to do is read his voluminous correspondence with his writing circle to see that. To him, they were nothing but fevered nighttime imaginings, brought on by his prodigious reading and weak constitution. Anything to the contrary is just a fiction created by various people that has filtered down into New Age mythology in the same way the story of Atlantis did from Theosophy.

His father went insane and was committed to a sanitarium in 1893, when Howard was only three years old so it is extremely unlikely that he received a “necronomicon” (a word he himself made up, by the way) from him. He died five years later. Lovecraft was raised by his mother, maternal aunts and maternal grandparents, never knowing his father.

Yes, his stories were based on his dreams, but he no more considered them real than any other dream. In his early years, he was an avid reader of the fantasy writings of Lord Dunsany, and enamored of the Greek Gods, so it is very doubtful that those stories had no effect on his young imagination.

It is far from unusual for writers and artists to draw inspiration from dreams. Since time immemorial, it has been very common to think of dreams as sent by the gods, so this lore that gets spouted that Lovecraft’s stories were “real” and sent by the Old Ones themselves is simply an extension of that belief.

The entire Cthulhu Mythos was made up by Lovecraft, and expanded upon by members of his writing circle, particularly August Dereleth, who heavily influenced it with his Christian morality (he is the one that created the “Elder Gods” as a force of Good that opposed the “Evil” Old Ones, whereas Lovecraft portrayed the universe as completely amoral and uncaring) so anything bearing the title “necronomicon” is quite obviously a modern invention (the word “Necronomicon,” like the modern world Google, didn’t exist until Lovecraft coined it)

The Simon Necronomicon, the George Hay Necronomicon, the Tyson Necronomicon, the “1589” Necronomicon, and the “Al Azif” Necronomicon, are all works of fiction (and mostly bad ones at that), created to capitalize on the surging popularity of Lovecraft’s stories, that were being published and marketed by August Dereleth’s publishing company Arkham House after H.P’s death.

Giving “Al Azif” a read will show you immediately that it was not written by John Dee, whose name gets attached to a lot of crap because of his cachet in occult circles as the father of Enochian Magick, and the historical fact that his library was ransacked and a lot of his manuscripts stolen.

Since it is the magician that powers the magick, any work of fiction that has a coherent cosmology, and can be invested with belief, can be used magically. The Chronicles of Narnia, Star Wars, Star Trek, Grimm’s Fairy Tales, the fiction of Stephen King, and comic books can, and have, all been used successfully. Lovecraft’s stories are no more real than they are.

2 Likes