Louisiana

I live outside of Baton Rouge for 3 weeks out of the month and planning on going to New Orleans in the next week or so… but my question is does anyone know of any interesting Voodoo places to visit in New Orleans or anywhere else in the area? Excluding the obvious; Marie Laveau’s House Of Voodoo, her grave site and all the really big “popular” spots (although some of those places are pretty fucking cool). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Go to the popular places, check em out, then wander around the neighborhood/area they’re in. Like attracts like, so if you find an “open” cool spot, you may very well find a hidden cool spot as well.

(This will at least get you started)

I have been to most of the popular places but I haven’t really tried to talk to anyone in those places about finding more low key spots.

Yea, try hanging out in the area, check out coffee shops, bookstores, cafes, etc. Maybe put a spirit or two out there to draw interesting people and things to you. And soliciting people on forums to help, as you’ve done, will likely be useful as well.

Agreed, thanks for responses.