Looking for pre-ritual Temple empowering/cleansing methods

I would love to hear about others’ methods of pre-ritual methods of getting the room or Temple ready for the main ritual.

Some people use the LBRP (a ritual I’ve come to dislike), some use an elemental invocation, others use nothing. I’ve experimented with many methods, but haven’t really settled on one I like, or that even serves the purpose I’m going for.

My goal is to cleanse, empower, and protect myself and the Temple before working with spirits, but I also don’t want to make the room so uncomfortable the darker spirits I work with hesitate to enter. So, I suppose I’m looking for protection without banishing.

Any thoughts or recommendations out there?

1 Like

I don’t think an empty temple is enough, so I usually overcharge with the energy I want. Banish through excess invocation.

2 Likes

Interesting idea, but I don’t want a load of different influences all at once.

For example, if I’m doing a specific working wherein I call a team of experts (usually an Angel and it’s Demon companion), I don’t want to call in a load of other spirits to muddy the frequency, if that makes sense.

That’s fair. But don’t they muddy each other anyway?

Who? The Angel and the Demon? Not at all. I’m using the pairings found in the Shemhamphorash. Each of the 72 Angels are paired with the Demon they “rule over.” They actually work very well together.

I use a style of magic I call Drakonic (spelled with a “k” to avoid confusion with the Temple of Ascending Flame), which is focused on working both pillars in the Kabbalistic/Qliphotic trees.

I’m kinda considering remaking the LBRP using these pairs.

1 Like

Do the demons feel coerced by the angels? How do those conflicting worldviews reconcile?

Not at all.

In the Shemhamphorash, each angel is assigned a Goetic spirit to oversee. I use the Ritual of Union from The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer, which also includes three Attending Angels for each pairing. How to get their names is through a formula, but in this book the names are provided.

This system has worked very well for me so far, so there’s no apparent problem in having them work together. I’ve had a lot of success this way.

1 Like

So mote it be! Nema! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re actually not conflicted at all, the demon represents the ascending human consciousness, the linear process that becomes the angel

So the demon is basically the archetype of the primal self that evolves and is then transformed into the spiritually perfected counterpart which is the angel.

1 Like

I have worked with both and I know they are both independent centers of active consciousness, not simply symbols of internal processes. There are times when one group is antagonistic of another.

There is no internal or external

You simply have to look at the tree of life and Qlippoth, they reflect each other, but they’re all polarities within man and the macrocosm. Beyond duality they are not separate, just speaking from my experience doing the 72 challenge, they are most certainly primordial archetypes of the same consciousness

If you haven’t done the challenge you most likely won’t understand the alchemy behind it

1 Like

ask a demon. Mephistopheles taught me one method and it’s just basically call on the big guys to clean the energies around and in the temple itself. something like a LBRP but demonic so to speak also you could add the method of EA koetting from the mastering evocation course

1 Like

Yes, the angels and demons are actual entities. However, as such, they are also parts of oneself. This is the whole point of Union magick: to come to the understanding that one IS the Universe.

It most likely won’t make sense if you’ve only ever related to spirits outside yourself. There’s nothing wrong with this, but you’re limiting yourself without seeing the whole picture.

In my experience, and I’ve been at this over 45 years, antagonism is not found among the Angels. Demons, perhaps, but not toward Angels. They, as well as us, are all One, and they understand that.

I’d still like to have a response to my original question. :slight_smile:

Cleanse your space with charged salt water, and then do a circle casting. It’s simple. elegant and compatible with any type of entity, since the circle is charged with your own divine power, not any external force. I like to use EA’s version from his early book, Works of Darkness.

Yep, that’s something along the lines of what I’m thinking. I guess I was looking more along the lines of something like the LBRP, but that one doesn’t really fit anymore. I just want to charge the space enough, clean it out of unwanted influences, and keep it open to light and dark alike. I probably wouldn’t use salt for this reason.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I should just keep it simple, like you said.

You don’t necessarily need to use the charged salt water. You could just charge yourself up and push that energy out from your body in a sphere to encompass your temple with the intention of clearing out anything unwanted. Visualize the energy sinking into the floors and walls of your temple and turning into scales to seal out any unwanted entities or forces.

Yes, that’s what I’m doing, but I’m asking around to see if anyone has a particular ritual they do for this purpose, like the LBRP. I’m actually surprised that more magicians don’t do this.

The main thing I’ve noticed with such preliminary settings is the focus of two major key components irregardless of what method is used.

Assumption Of Divinity

Whether this done through a meditative or soul travel experience, an invocative method like the bornless rite etc, it doesn’t really matter the main thing here is the transfiguration/assumption of the divine with the circle/temple/ritual. The main thing here isn’t necessarily the words you vibrate nor the visualisation, the main thing is the actually two key components herein which is the “feeling” and the “realisation” that in that moment you are god essentially.

Literally being able to feel every fibre of your being, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically being able to feel these currents or raw power and divine energies course throughout you. Allow it to almost overwhelm you until you feel as if you’re about to burst from the amount of eternal energy and power that’s at your disposal and of course with this comes the realisation as mentioned earlier.

The Established Divine Space

As that divinity is assumed then comes the environmental adjustments, simply commanding the space and the impure energies to depart if in an every authoritative and empowered state is enough. Salt water being charged, words of power, LBRP or alternative rites such as this, ensure that the space is banished and cleansed of unwanted impurities, simultaneously however one wants to open a space of authority and power.

Circle casting is a reference to this, for example in the LBRP the archangels hold authority of the ritual too, ensuring you’re protected in the rite and simultaneously this can be done with the demonic gatekeepers too. Basically creating an internal space of power and authority/being within you and then doing the same for the external space. To ensure the space is energetically pure to the operation, having a space wherein you are protected or having external forces to ensure that the ritual goes your way, for example ensuring no spirits deceive you and that there are no imposters only the entities that you command to rise come forth.

Conclusion

There are millions of ways one can do this and it’s as simple as that, the main thing isn’t what method or technique, but that it is real, raw and potent tangible change within yourself and environment and that is extremely prominent and obvious to yourself. Once this occurs the ritual will proceed in the conducive and greatest manner possible, everyone will talk about middle pillar rituals, invocation of omnipotence, invocation of the dragon, summoning the four watchtowers, the LBRP etc, use these if they work for you, if they don’t then fuck them, because you need to find what resonates with you and what might work for others isn’t always guaranteed to work for you.

1 Like

Beautiful response! Thank you for helping me clarify my thoughts on the matter. I completely agree with you.

I suppose I was trying to find out if anyone uses a specific ritual just for this purpose. Every magician I talk to still recommends the LBRP for this, so I was wondering if there was something out there less … christian/hebrew.

(There is also the possibility that magickal groups like the Golden Dawn, or at least the ones who have become black lodges, may set up their newer members to become simple batteries for their darker overlords through daily rituals like these.)

But you are right. Anything could work, as well as winging it while in ritual. Sometimes that works for me, other times focusing is more difficult without prepared ritual, even if I wrote it myself. Focus is definitely something I need to improve.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful response.

@Mornaug Maybe ask the infernal divine or your deity/daemon/demon for that information or for a better perspective on what you do know? Maybe channel a new rite?

1 Like