Looking for info on specific plant/cacti uses & associations

Just what it says on the tin! I am looking for anyone who has information on the metaphysical/magik/ritual uses & associations for these plants:

Echinocereus rigidissimus(the arizona rainbow cactus)

Euphorbia tirucalli(the fire stick cactus, Pencil cactus)

Hatiora salicornioides(the bottle cactus, dancing-bones, drunkard’s-dream)

Caralluma Fimbriata(Yugmaphallottatna)

Mammillaria plumosa(the feather cactus)

Mammillaria lasiacantha(the lacespine nipple cactus, small pincushion cactus)

2 Likes

Interested too

1 Like

I could find anything about the first plant you listed, so I instead searched for cactus magical properties and realize as I browse I probably should have used cacti instead, but I did find this website and a handful of others that have been compiled with a few species of cacti listed.

I think it would useful to look into their medicinal properties as well, or even the dangers of some of them and how they thrive to derive the properties for each- for example most of them have some lore around how their common names were derived like the chocolate soldier or something special about how they survive harsh conditions, like the fake rose of Jericho for example.

The second in your list searched with magical properties gives a little more than the first, I think this will be rather hit and miss search wise unless someone knows of a book or resource that might list them all and the traditions of the people who normally would live in this areas.

I’ve recently had some interest as a gardener in succulents and air plants and all sorts of odd plants, but I’ve been searching as I obtain them- some I find lots of information on, others… the plants themselves will have to guide me until I find a good resource. :rofl::blush:

1 Like

Thankyou

1 Like

I just came across a cacti protection on Instagram. It’s really more of a mojo bag or talisman but it calls for a cacti spine/spike and basically invokes the natural protectiveness of the cactus’s spine and other herbs-it suggests a few but leaves up to your discretion.

It’s got nice words to say while you do it, so I guess it’s technically casting a spell on a talisman you create.

There might be other spells and rituals out there in social media, I hadn’t really thought to check there when I was looking into it before.

But also the protectiveness of the spines would be a prominent thing for many types of cacti, I’m not sure about something like spineless dragon fruit- it’s edible, so perhaps it’s nutritional value could lead to some discernment?

Hopefully you found a good source to cover many of them. :blush: