Locked In Against My Will?

When I really began to get into the practicing side of magick rather than just studying it and being the armchair magician, I remember a video that EA did (not sure if it’s on YouTube or if it is in one of the programs) where he said that once you begin doing these things they will affect your life greatly. However, if you stop, you will begin to see a slump as bad things happen. I’ve been througn the slump several times before, bringing bad thoughts and circumstances to me time and time again. Hopefully this time around I will learn my lesson.

But, i’m beginning to worry that it is also playing a role with those I care for. For example, with those whom I have used magick to help - they have seen great results and I have been overwhelmed and happy each time when magick worked out to aid them. However, when I have gone into slumps I have begun to see that so do they. The people who do not practice, but who I help, are also going into slumps with me. Recently I have seen it happen with two close friends of mine and even my family. The more magick I do the more benefits I see in my life and their lives, but as soon as I begin to slack on it they begin to tumble down with me.

I don’t want them to me tied to my mistakes or lack-of practicing magick, but I can’t help but wonder if they are. I want to help them and improve their lives, but if my mistakes with magick are dragging them down with me then I would rather not do it. Is this something that has happened with any others on here as well? Is there any way I can keep my mistakes in my practice from affecting and bringing them down? Am I, and they, locked into this against our wills in a sense?

I’m gonna say no. If these people are close to you, then you are probably much closer linked by casual, carnal, circumstances than anything mystical punishing you, or a abandoning you for not practicing magick. The benefit of sorcery comes from finding power within, be wary about even courting the idea that some unseen boogeyman can negatively effect you and your family if you don’t light candles and trance out.

and so you are beginning to learn the limitation of your powers. not gonna be an easy fix. Remember, sharing is Not caring in this instance. Now imagine an entire heirarchy of magick, where if onr person gets into a slump, you get into a slump. Its like spreading a disease.

This is something I have begun to worry about in the back of my mind. I don’t have as much time or energy as I would like (Yet!) for practicing magick but more and more I am becoming seriously aware of the things that it can do. Takes a bunch of stumbles to find out the cause as to why.

So, is there something that I could do to perhaps prevent, or lessen, this spread of anything bad that I may be bringing onto myself or them? I know when stuff is happening to me and i’m getting better at combating it, but my friends and loved ones not so much.

After I dealt with an astral parasite a few months back something of the sort isn’t out of the question for me, sadly. Like how with astral vampirism as you take energy from another person you can also bring in some of the bad if you don’t put up a filter. Perhaps I could do something of that sort just as a precaution? I realize that my mind and thoughts on this type of thing can materalize and become more real as I belabor upon it, but i’d rather be safe than sorry.

Dude, where is your factual backing for this idea?

Dude, where is your factual backing for this idea?[/quote]

sorry. dont understand your question =)

After I dealt with an astral parasite a few months back something of the sort isn’t out of the question for me, sadly. Like how with astral vampirism as you take energy from another person you can also bring in some of the bad if you don’t put up a filter. Perhaps I could do something of that sort just as a precaution? I realize that my mind and thoughts on this type of thing can materalize and become more real as I belabor upon it, but i’d rather be safe than sorry.[/quote]

There is no danger of bad thoughts materializing against your will and hurting you. I fully believe in the potency of Magick but stepping back from the “mind is all” ultra metaphysical paradigm is not a bad thing every once in a while. It requires major investments of blind faith, and while hat type of faith is all well and good within a ritual itself to properly trigger the subconscious and potentially real spiritual forces, if you carry that mindset outside of the ritual you will see diminishing returns or paranoia like what you are experiencing now the delusional idea that your break from the occult is resulting in a negative impact on anyone close to you whom you used it for, and yourself.

Just my respectful input and believe me I know where you are coming from. Today someone made a big mess at a park where I interact with the genni loci regularly. I almost tied my dog to a tree and cleaned the mess up for fear of the spirits rebuttal against me if I didn’t act on the fact that their turf had been violated. Then I realized that, that idea was fucking insane and kept walking. No harm no foul, you feel me?

We often invite temporary insanity to achieve a bigger end result. It’s critical to maintain insight and not go full retard primitive ass cavemen scared that the spirit of the tree bark he used to wipe his ass with is going to kill him.

This is something I have begun to worry about in the back of my mind. I don’t have as much time or energy as I would like (Yet!) for practicing magick but more and more I am becoming seriously aware of the things that it can do. Takes a bunch of stumbles to find out the cause as to why.

So, is there something that I could do to perhaps prevent, or lessen, this spread of anything bad that I may be bringing onto myself or them? I know when stuff is happening to me and i’m getting better at combating it, but my friends and loved ones not so much.[/quote]

well in terms of healing think of it this way. if a person can only be fixed temporary with magick and you heal them, you are thus giving them a peice of yourself. but once you pull or retract your essence back, then they lose the gift of what you gave them and become sick again. or…if you become sick then they become sick. Magick isnt just magick, it is exchanging a part of yourself.