List of spirits and their functions?

I have a lot of EA’s egregores from book of azazel and kingdom of flames with their sigils,names and functions in a folder. I was wondering if there’s a list somewhere that lists a lot of the more common ones and their functions?

I really only work with Belial and Suhn’Ta’Lock so far but am looking to expand my repertoire.

The goetia is not that helpful for a lot of them

Check out Franz Bardon’s Practice of Magical Evocation. There’s something like 700 spirits for practically everything. Except the dark shit. Bardon frowned on the dark shit. Something about it being dark.

Basically almost every grimoire in existence.

Yeah, Bardon fucked with me when he omited the mars intelligences from that book.

Well, there are ways to contact those though…

How are you so sure they are egregores?

How are you so sure they are egregores?[/quote]

I was going to ask the same question.

They are not Egregores: they are spirits subservient to Azazel.

And the spirits of Kingdoms of Flame, if I’m not mistaken, belong to a completely different realm: Regnum Spiritus.

How are you so sure they are egregores?[/quote]

I was going to ask the same question.

They are not Egregores: they are spirits subservient to Azazel.

And the spirits of Kingdoms of Flame, if I’m not mistaken, belong to a completely different realm: Regnum Spiritus.[/quote]

You know a lot of people refer to real spirits as “egregores”. Interestingly when you really boil existence down to the hard facts, most people are in fact nothing but egregores themselves.

Think about how many people are called “john smith” for instance. Are they really John smith or is that simply a label? They are conditioned to be something which they are actually not, based on culture and other factors. Hence the end result is nothing but an egregore yet it is considered “real” by people.

At the same time people use the term egregores to refer to actual spirits because they doubt their independent conscious existence outside of human consciousness.

1 Like

[quote=“MichaelSmith, post:1, topic:4498”]I have a lot of EA’s egregores from book of azazel and kingdom of flames with their sigils,names and functions in a folder. I was wondering if there’s a list somewhere that lists a lot of the more common ones and their functions?

I really only work with Belial and Suhn’Ta’Lock so far but am looking to expand my repertoire.

The goetia is not that helpful for a lot of them[/quote]

There’s also this site that I found a fascinating read, it’s about this person’s evocation experiences: [url=http://imperialarts.livejournal.com/]http://imperialarts.livejournal.com/[/url]

That is an interesting blog, I very much recognised “my” Belial (i.e., how this spirit interacts with me) in this post about him here, even though the appearance he describes, and things we discussed, were quite different.

Can I risk being a bit rude (no offence meant if the author’s reading this!) and say that it seems the spirits do like to yank his chain a bit?

I’m taking that from the evocations of Belial, Beleth, and especially, Buer:

The spirit was agitated, saying (in effect) that it had just told me not to ask for things I did not truly desire. It accused me of asking this question only to think of myself as the sort of person who would ask that sort of question, not for any real desire to have an answer. Its attitude stopped short of mockery, but not far short, and I was left fumbling over justifications for a request I had presented in earnest. The reply put me into a state of perplexity, and I began to second-guess my original motives.

… To cut straight to the heart of it, I requested that the spirit bestow upon me, by an agreed sign, the power to heal these and various other diseases. This would have been the easy way to do things, and suitably dramatic.

"Would you hold your hands over them and say ‘Be healed in the name of Jehovah?’ " The spirit was clearly mocking me.

I responded on a tangent, “How is it that you so freely reference that name?”

“Is it not the name of your God, the one you invoke? You may use it as you wish, but it is only a word.”

I read this and see why some accounts hold that spirits would taunt the magician given half a chance… that said, the depth of detail in the posts, and the guy’s honesty about his own shortcomings make this well worth reading.

If only for the occasional giggle at what they say to him…