Lilith and other Dark goddess growing in popularity

I have noticed a strong rising interest or reverance for the Dark goddess archetypes.

More and more people are mentioning her or talking about her.

Anyone else notice or experince this?

2 Likes

These things seem to go in cycles. Certain spirits will be popular for a season and then they will wane and another type will then gain prominence. I’ve noticed this a lot in my time on this forum. Sometimes it coincides with authors publishing books on them (EA’s Gatekeeper series seemed to set off a cycle of those names popping up everywhere, for example) and sometimes some other form of pop culture will be responsible (the movie Hereditary brought King Paimon to popular consciousness).

7 Likes

I have noticed the risw in wiccan when i was in middle school then later the rise in heathenism.

For my case i am noticing abit more of the “muggles” talking about these things.

It is sad to see figures be seen as the “current thing”

4 Likes

Why, though? It doesn’t negatively affect them. In fact, the more people talk about them, the more power they gain within human consciousness.

1 Like

In my case. As i grew interest in these things. I was set upon by both sides. Gate keepers and fundamentals as going with the crowd or a poser.

I dealt with more drama then actual progress. I joined a psychic forum at 16 and was acosted, cussed out ans ordered to leave just for being a “narrow minded Christian”

P.S. narrow minded because I didn’t blindly agree to things i read and asked questioned

1 Like

I’ve never had that issue. When I first started, online forums and social media didn’t exist, and internet chat rooms were few and far between.

1 Like

Lucky…

I got alot of hate for my skill as well. Drained my confidence and sanity…

1 Like

A lot of people like to use the occult as a way to feel superior to others and justify their ego. We see it on the forum from time to time. People who think that just because they traffic with demons that it somehow makes them special and above the rest of humanity. They use exclusionary terms like “muggle” and “mundane” to refer to non-practitioners, usually have some ridiculous opinions about themselves, and give themselves silly titles pulled from role-playing games. Anyone who calls themselves the “Lord of Darkness” or “Master of the Abyss” makes me just roll my eyes.

6 Likes

Lawl, FR?

One lady i knew did that. “You play with tk spinners ans I talk to gods”

Yeah well…okay

2 Likes

Yes, and a lot of the Lilith popularity is coming from astrology, with Black Moon Lilith. At least among the average “mainstream” witch stuff, it is definitely mostly coming from astrology. There are some common jokes about how everyone knows their Lilith sign and doesn’t know where Jupiter is in their charts.

I actually think Lilith is today comparatively less ubiquitous as a main dark goddess archetype than she was five years ago. At least if you ignore a lot of the keyword marketing that tends to toss the name Lilith onto everything for the sake of clicks or hits.

It’s just that for many, Lilith is their first awareness of any kind of dark goddess. This has been changing over the years as more explore other dark goddess figures and as more information of others becomes more accessible. Still, it’s Lilith who is kinda getting the spotlight due to the sheer accessibility of something like astrology and her prominent place in modern versions of it.

15 years ago there was definitely talk about Lilith in astrology, but it was way less common than it is now. Before that, and esp in print, Lilith was a fringe topic.

Since you mentioned it seemed like everyday people (“muggles”) seem more aware of her, you’re def not wrong on that. Hopefully this gives some insight though.

3 Likes

LOL I totally agree. Well said.

3 Likes

Interesting that you posted this! I am undergoing a Lilith Initiation right now for the next 3 weeks. I started last week. It corroborates what @DarkestKnight said about human consciousness and trending topics going in cycles and coinciding with what people are thinking, writing and talking about. Mercury seems to love Lilith, as do I :wink:

2 Likes

There’s a French author who published a devotional book about Lilith.
He basically created his own version, inspired by Aphrodite and Marylin Monroe.
Some people complained about the result of that…

2 Likes

Lilith is very popular but she is no goddess. I put Hekate way above her, she has way more mystery anyway.

1 Like

My friend who sells a lot of LHP items on Etsy says it is largely coming from the popularity of the Sabrina series on Netflix. He hates it, but since he is running a business, he has to follow the trends of what is popular and what sells or he cannot stay around for the customers who are not in it just to be trendy or fashionable.

2 Likes

Lol

Thought so.

Always so odd show or whatever that brings people into something

1 Like