Let’s not forget why Easter actually exists

Admist rosy pictures of Easter eggs and the joys of commercial chocolate bunnies let’s not forget what easter actually IS and why we celebrate it

Eostre/ Ostara: The Germanic Goddess of spring and fertility

Easter was historically celebrated for the coming of spring, the earth entering its flowering period. Pollen is carried around, swirling through the wind, the butterflies and the bees; flowers are impregnated by pollen, the naked trees are clothed again. And people start shacking up again.

Rabbits are meant to represent nature’s fertility, they can pop out a dozen bunnies at a go, that’s why they were scorned in the Puritan era and were held as a symbol of witchcraft.

But we as magicians embrace our sexuality and fertility. We celebrate it, and what better way to celebrate it than dedicate a whole holiday for it.

So revel in your fertility and if you know a friend who needs a little nudge in the right direction, help a sister out (or a brother lol)

There’s a reason why fertility is one of the major uses for magic in the recent and not so recent past.

So celebrate your fertility today, yes you looking at the screen. (as responsibly as you can) :wink:

25 Likes

Not trying to derail this. But my dad always told me that Easter was a holiday created for the goddess Ishtar and that the reason we paint eggs is because they used to kill babies and paint eggs with their blood :no_mouth:. I have a shit ton of brainwsshing so I just want the truth

5 Likes

Most people have that misconception but no Eostre and Ishtar are two separate and distinct goddesses

Eostre took a shapeshifting lover from the sky and bound him to earth and commemorated him by having his eggs painted the color of the rainbow.

Read the article link I sent

8 Likes

’ I sacrifice these deaths to Ostara ’ ah love american gods

9 Likes

Ishtar was also a fertility goddess celebrated around this holiday for the same reasons. She goes by many names.

6 Likes

Ok. I’m sorry guys

1 Like

You know me so well! was thinking about the same thing too

1 Like

There’s nothing to be sorry for ! Never be sorry about asking a question

8 Likes

Ok. Ty♥️♥️

1 Like

But I love the article @Aluriel thank you for the post. I’m so sick of debating with religious people on Facebook about what this holiday is really about :joy: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Of course! :heart:️ You’re welcome ! I tend to binge read but this happens to be one of my favorite articles on the subject

2 Likes

It was. Is. Whatever. It was a fertility ritual holiday.

3 Likes

I have nothing but respect for the binge reader :blush:It’s better to be someone who does their research, than the people that don’t bother and blindly recite fiction from their brainwashing :unamused:

3 Likes

Inanna = Ishtar = Astarte = Easter as well. There is a connection there and, as @Abra-Cadabra mentioned, the rite of spring was also connected. This all goes back to the base concept that all of these goddesses and gods are ultimately the same thing split out into many, many forms over time.

7 Likes

I understand and respect your point :slight_smile: There was a celebration of fertility for Inanna as well as many other goddesses but we more specifically draw our current easter traditions from the Norse Germanic traditions of Ostara/Eostre

6 Likes

Worse is all the Pagans (not here :slight_smile: , but a lot on FB :frowning: ) that go on about it being a Christian Holiday or that St Patrick’s Day is an evil holiday about genocide.

Can’t seem to get away from those, got to love the holidays.

3 Likes

What you lot need is a really good head-fuck and there’s just no better place than either Herbert W. Armstrong or his son, Garner Ted. Search either or both of these dudes plus Easter or Christmas. Anyway, all of you schmucks are going to burn in hell - either forever and ever or until your obliteration - because god and his creepy, altar boy’s dream son love you! No shit! That’s why you gunna suffer in hell when you die - because old numb nuts loves you.

Al.

2 Likes

I’m up for someone to boost my fertility. :smiling_imp::metal:
Glædelig Påske!:egg:

Yes, that’s how we spell it in Denmark.

2 Likes

You’re from Denmark ? Haha I love you even more then, one of my favorite people ever is danish

2 Likes

The Ishtar thing, nope …

2 Likes