Latin chant

I found a exorcism Latin chant online to use for entity attachment. The thing is I don’t know how to pronounce Latin. Anybody here speak Latin and could show me how to pronounce the chant? Here’s the exorcism in Latin:

Regna terrae, cantata Deo, psallite Cernunnos, Regna terrae, cantata Dea psallite Aradia. caeli Deus, Deus terrae, Humiliter majestati gloriae tuae supplicamus Ut ab omni infernalium spirituum potestate, Laqueo, and deceptione nequitia, Omnis fallaciae, libera nos, dominates. Exorcizamus you omnis immundus spiritus Omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio, Infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, Omnis and congregatio secta diabolica. Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, dominates, Ut coven tuam secura tibi libertate servire facias, Te rogamus, audi nos! Ut inimicos sanctae circulae humiliare digneris, Te rogamus, audi nos! Terribilis Deus Sanctuario suo, Cernunnos ipse truderit virtutem plebi Suae, Aradia ipse fortitudinem plebi Suae. Benedictus Deus, Gloria Patri, Benedictus Dea, Matri gloria!

8 Likes

You could use the strick latin and phrase it as you would Spanish, it actually isn’t that hard to pronounce.

What i would do is to translate into English first as I am not fluent in latin and would have no idea what the incantations or prayer mean. Here are the first sentences in english.

Earth, Sing to God, sing Cernunnos (a Celtic god of fertility, life, animals, nature, and the underworld), kingdoms of the earth, chanted Dee sing Arad. God of heaven and earth, humility majestati fame pray that all hell…

Here is the link if you wish to translate the latin script into english:

1 Like

I am curious on the latin exorcism rite was this from the Catholic church or was this from another source?

1 Like

I’m not an expert on psalms but it looks more like a pagan altered excorcism, I doubt the Catholic church calls the names of Cernunos and Aradia.
I found this one, sounds more like a Catholic psalm…

3 Likes

Latin Consonants and Latin Vowels :slight_smile:

That’s just (some pieces of?) the Rite of Exorcism from the Roman Ritual/Rituale Romanum that was translated online to English and then tweaked for Wiccans, then translated back to Latin (whoever changed this, they exchanged the Abrahamic spirit for Cernunnos and Aradia, and kept the “pls remove the satanic/diabolic thing”).

I think it says “So that makes your coven safe to serve you in freedom/freely”.

3 Likes

I got it from this site: Exorcism Spell - Latin Prayer/ Incantation - Wiccan Spells

3 Likes

I wondered when the text stated Cernunnos. It didn’t sound Christian or Catholic but a Wiccan rite probably published some time ago. Thanks for the details.

2 Likes

Yea they kept the “get it out this satanic thing!” but they call for a modern goddess who’s supposed to be the daughter of Diana and Lucifer. Wiccans… lol…

4 Likes

Yes no problem

I’m just going to post this for you to go through.
I think you can find a chant that would be very effective here.

Also sometimes, it’s more intent then pronunciation but it depends on what the creator put into it.

3 Likes

I could tell you more or less how to pronounce this, but I have no idea how I could load an audio file onto here.

Latin is pretty easy to speak, provided you do not try to emulate one of the modern romance languages. Also, is this meant to be pronounced in standard Latin or Ecclesiastic form? That makes a huge difference in how to speak.

Edit: I have to ask, because it seems like Ecclesiastic would be the go-to, but the subject matter of the ‘exorcism’ is not at all Ecclesiastic in nature. So it is a valid question.

2 Likes

That’s a messed up translation, I recommend not to use Google translate, I spent a few years in Catholicism, so I have a tangential knowledge of Latin.

The part you translated is properly translated thus:

“Kings of the earth, sing to the God, sing to Cernunnos, Kings of the earth, sing to the Goddess, sing to Aradia. God of heaven, God of the earth, humble in all majesty and glory to you we pray That from all infernal spirits…”

2 Likes

Your right. I also saw some of the flaws however for a quick read it seem to head me in the right direction as i do not understand a word of latin. When i read “Regna terrae” as simply earth… I knew it was missing some verbiage and from my Spanish it seemed to be lacking. Which should read Royal Earth or as you stated Kings of Earth…

1 Like

Btw how did you translate it more accurately, any recommended links?

1 Like

Just osmosis from a few years in the Catholic Church. There’s lots of Latin (it’s the official language of the Church and all) and I spent some time comparing Latin hymns/prayers to their English translations. Also, there’s a lot of Latin influence in English, so it’s fairly simple for me to translate a Latin text.

1 Like

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti… Thank you. Domino spiritos sanctos.

1 Like

Can somebody translate this exorcism rite to English:

Regna terrae, cantate Deo,
psallite Domino
qui fertis super caelum
caeli ad Orientem
Ecce dabit voci Suae
vocem virtutis,
tribuite virtutem Deo.

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus
omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio
infernalis adversarii, omnis legio,
omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

Ergo draco maledicte
et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te.
cessa decipere humanas creaturas,
eisque aeternae Perditionis venenum propinare.
Vade, Satana, inventor et magister
omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis.
Humiliare sub potenti manu dei,
contremisce et effuge, invocato a
nobis sancto et terribili nomine,
quem inferi tremunt.

Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine.
Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias
libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos.
Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae humiliare digneris,
te rogamus, audi nos.

Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae
te rogamus, audi nos.

Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo.
Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem
et fortitudinem plebi Suae.
Benedictus Deus. Gloria Patri.

Omni potentis Dei potestatem invoco,
omni potentis Dei potestatem invoco,
abrogo terra,
hoc angelorum in obse quentum,
Domine expuere,
Domine expuere,
unde abeo Dei per

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus,
omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii,
omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.

Priinceps gloriosissime cælestis militiæ, sancte Michaël Archangele, defende nos in prælio et colluctatione, quæ nobis adversus principes et potestates, adversus mundi rectores tenebrarum harum, contra spiritualia nequitiæ, in cælestibusus. Veni in auxilium hominum, quos Deus creavit inexterminabiles, et ad imaginem similitudinis suæ fecit, et a tyrannide diaboli emit pretio magno.

Omni potentis Dei potestatem invoco,
omni potentis Dei potestatem invoco,
abrogo terra,
hoc angelorum in obse quentum,
Domine expuere,
Domine expuere,
unde abeo Dei per

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is messed up Latin. See the words in bold. Reading the whole thing makes my head hurt.

For example: “Benedictus Dea, Matri gloria!” What is this supposed to mean? If this is supposed to be “Blessed [is] the Goddess, Mother of Glory”, it should be “Benedicta Dea, Mater gloriae!”

I haven’t analyzed the rest - but I am sure it is completely riddled with grammatical and lexical errors.

Also, this is exorcism against the Devil. I thought Wiccans and such pagans did not believe in the Devil.

Fratres et sorores - if you want something rendered into Latin, find someone who knows Latin. I’m not requesting this because bad Latin will be ineffectual, just so that pedants like me don’t have to deal with spikes in blood pressure.

1 Like

Try this website: Exorcism - Super-wiki

I’m trying to see if this is a legitimate exorcism from Catholicism. If so, a full translation is bound to be online. (Google search is your friend.)

3 Likes

Unless you hire a Latin translator you will be stuck with going online and finding an accurate translation program for Latin. Checked your link not bad an exact english version with a break down with both the original latin and than the accurate english translation, plus all the details of the Catholic exorcism rite. Great detective work and research.

The only problem is the altered text from the original Catholic rite with the mentioned pagan deitys that have been added Cernunnos and Aradia replaced the Xian theme.

“The kingdoms of the earth, enchanted God, sing praise to Cernunnos, the Kingdoms of the earth, enchanted Goddess sing to Aradia. sky God, God of the earth, Humbly majestati of your glory supplicamus from all infernalium of the spirits of power, snare, and worship…”

I found this link yandex which gives a much more accurate translation of the latin text if you or the OP want to give a go and translate the altered version or simply put the altered pieces into the original and put the puzzle together.

2 Likes