Land-wight ritual

Hey all.
So after giving my thanks to odin, Freyja recivied instructions to go outside to where there are several trees and to have a guided meditations with the Land-wights or land spirits. Here are the instructions I recivied.

Using your a theme or ritual hammer go thourgh all compass points and say hammer (in direction) hold the sacred steed. (I took this bit from asbjorn torvols book the young heathen as it seems to work for me.)

Afterwards say a pray or thank you to your ancestors for waht they have given you. Give thanks to odin and to hel for your wisdom and for looking after your dead.

Next make an offering to the land spirit of either food, mead or flowers. Ask for its permission to speak your mind and then it will guide you on your meditation among the trees.

Any thoughts

3 Likes

From my experience working with earth elementals and nordic spirits from the 9 realms, this is a very good start. Honoring the ancestors in any way and with sincerity that’s what matters. The point of hammering the compass is to “wake” them up from the underworld and let your voice or prayer be heard. Do so with sincerity cause otherwise, this will cause disturbance and hence you’ll be prone to misfortune
I suggest pouring over mead to the ground or sweet mulled wine or just the best booze you can get with what you have. This s going the extra mile.

1 Like

Looks like a simplified hybrid of Stephen Flowers “Hammer Rite” (To be fair, Asbjorn borrowed a lot from Flowers work) and an old heathen land claiming ritual.

Overall though, it’s simple and seems it would be effective.