Koettings Most Recent Newsletter (the Curse) - Question

So I have a quick question regarding something specific on his most recent newsletter regarding curses. I asked support but they were super lame and just referred me here thus here is exactly what I wrote:

" For this curse you mention about ‘the spirits’ during the ‘don’t look back’ part. Are these spirits something we call beforehand or are they “just something” that manifests for this purpose? In otherwards, what’s the deal with these “spirits” and how are they here. "

What do you guys think about this and the answer to it? Thank you.

You are surrounded by spirits…you will put that box at the graveyard, you will create an astral condition using your imagination for the spirits work on it.

Again…graveyard.

that is what i understand about it.

[quote=“gadget, post:1, topic:1019”]So I have a quick question regarding something specific on his most recent newsletter regarding curses. I asked support but they were super lame and just referred me here thus here is exactly what I wrote:

" For this curse you mention about ‘the spirits’ during the ‘don’t look back’ part. Are these spirits something we call beforehand or are they “just something” that manifests for this purpose? In otherwards, what’s the deal with these “spirits” and how are they here. "

What do you guys think about this and the answer to it? Thank you.[/quote]

A couple of things:

1. It was actually really cool and helpful for the helpdesk people to refer you to here. They are customer service reps, to help you with purchases and technical issues - they aren’t magicians. Calling them lame shows a misunderstanding of what they do. They pointed you to a great resource for answering those kind of questions, and for free. If they were less helpful, they would have directed you to book a consult with EA, haha. What you did was the equivalent of going to a mechanic shop and asking the clerk at the front desk how to fix your car - they did the kind thing by referring you to the local auto club so you could learn to fix it yourself.

2. Your question about spirits is potentially a very long and involved one. Read through the forums, read some of the suggested books, that sort of thing. It’s going to take some research and work on your part to begin to get a satisfactory answer.

For the short version, in much of the magickal theory discussed on this forum, spirits are a very big part of it. One of the core skills is evocation - the ability to call spirits to you. The perceived/believed nature of these spirits varies from person to person - whether they are independent, non-physical beings; whether they are energetic thoughtforms; whether they are aspects of your own psyche; etc.

[quote=“Divinator, post:2, topic:1019”]You are surrounded by spirits…you will put that box at the graveyard, you will create an astral condition using your imagination for the spirits work on it.

Again…graveyard.

that is what i understand about it.[/quote]

There’s also the crossroads, Divinator. That was an option in addition to the graveyard.

The way I interpreted it is that you’re taking it to a place of power, the right kind of power, to help manifest your will.

oh yeah the crossroads, this might seem like a dumb question, but does that refer to where two roads intersect or is that something else?

Pretty sure it’s a physical crossroads - where two roads intersect. To my knowledge, physical crossroads have been an important place in magickal tradition for a long time. In a lot of folk stories about people making pacts with demons, the deal occurs at a crossroads at midnight, for example.

Here in Brazil you will find a lot of spell items on crossroads… i mean a lot.

Haha, I bet. It’s probably a difficult task to find a crossroads or graveyard that isn’t inundated with past spell efforts.

Graveyards here are guarded by christians lol, probably they would spank whoever tries to put this kind of thing on the graveyard.

The custom of walking forward and not looking back is found very early in magic, eg. magic working with Hecate and the PGM.

The thing about the Crossrds I’ve found, tuning into that over the yrs, is that it isn’t just any 2 roads crossing (although perhaps could be) but more than say in city blocks that are in a grid-pattern… each street corner is a "xrds"
Rather one finds a “way” (ie a major flowpattern, used to travel on, but also a focusing direction-vector, sort of if you “saw” the area from above- where does travel focus in an area, a “bottleneck” so to speak)… and then find a 2nd, and where they meet

-thus even if a “Grid” city blocks, or neighboards of houses… there are certain “intersections” that are visited more than others, certain roiutes that have more traffic (road traffic and foot traffic) even though say a street over to a side may be as available… more a flow-way

<<2 interconnect = a whorl flow, as well as what is placed there is swept up into it, and the overall Pattern as a major “way” is part of all the area around it (as without all that around it, the way wouldn’t be… change the patter of the area… etc.) This could seem as if it needs to be a Busy area, but say deep in the desert there are four communities/towns that are distant from each other… 2 roads connect each, and rather than going directly from one town (pocket, Bubble-realm) to another- one goes directly towards “one” and then at the cross (link of “two” and “three”) take a turn and change… thus in the “middle of nowhere” change currents/set sail to different winds>>

and thus making a shift at a certain time (planting a seed when it is most fertile to shift one’s path)

In indonesian Magic there is a principle that came to mind when he mentioned “walking fwd and not looking back” -although it includes something else. -one goes wandering seeking power (other stuff sets the stage), but when you find an area that you haven’t ever been before, or perhaps ever seen, you are just on the edge (horizon/threshold of the door), go one more step as you ‘send’ and then turn around and not look back… one may have been right around or near an area many times, but not actually been in that little “room” (and if you find-follow to an area that is a “loose-spot” in the world, at that moment) (could even be a shop on a lineup of shops, you’d been down the road many times and in shops on all sides… but not even into that one-- that may be because it has (or seems to- preconception, but if you actually sense it…) it could have a different setofrules (as simply- just “not the kind of place you could ever see your’self going into”, just “not you”)

to link the 2- once your buried your “seed” (the box) and thx-sending… you are different… to look back (or return to that spot) would be new to the “new you” (?)