Kingdoms of Flame Invocation

I just wanted to ask if I make say a small prayer or invocation to any of the spirits in the Kingdoms of Flame will it still work even if I have confidence in it.

Well, to clear up your terminology - the way the word “invocation” is used on this forum, it means to bring something, generally a spirit, “into” you. Invocation is in, evocation means to bring it to you. So, if you were to successfully invoke a spirit, you would know it.

As far as saying a prayer, my instinct would be that it depends on your relationship with the spirit in question. If you have a strong connection to one, they may well heed your requests without a full evocation/ritual. However, just saying a little prayer isn’t likely to do much, in my opinion.

Thanks for your input redcircle. Now let me elaborate more. Say that I make a sigil of Martal on a Index card in red ink and write his name there also. Could I also place like a dab of blood or saliva and Say in the name of Adonai I consecrate this sigil of Martal.

As UndeadGod said, I wouldn’t suggest that for all the reasons he enumerated. You could start your link with Martal by opening the sigil. Most of us on this forum make use of EA’s methods, even if we use others. Evoking Eternity (and a number of the other books) discuss opening a sigil in solid detail. If you don’t have access to one of the books that describes the procedure, search around the forums as I’m sure someone has written it up more than once.

Anyhow, draw Martal’s sigil as you mentioned, and then open it. Once you have opened it, you’ll have a connection. At that point, you could pour your intent into the sigil, or you could just intend a connection with Martal. This is a decent beginning to your working relationship. At this point, you could also continue with a full evocation.

As UndeadGod said, I wouldn’t suggest that for all the reasons he stated. If you feel the need to use someone’s name, use your own. The only reason you would use another’s name is if you were making use of their power in the operation, and if you were in that position, you would know - you wouldn’t have to ask.

You could start your link with Martal by opening the sigil. Most of us on this forum make use of EA’s methods, even if we use other methods as well. Evoking Eternity (and a number of the other books) discuss opening a sigil in solid detail. If you don’t have access to one of the books that describes the procedure, search around the forums as I’m sure someone has written it up more than once.

Anyhow, draw Martal’s sigil as you mentioned, and then open it. Once you have opened it, you’ll have a connection. At that point, you could pour your intent into the sigil, or you could just intend a connection with Martal. This is a decent beginning to your working relationship. At this point, you could also continue with a full evocation.