Just putting this out there:

I’m nobody’s guru.

If you ever get it in mind that i’m your last resort for a spell working, i hate to tell you, but your situation has gone too far and you’re fucked.

I’m here to LEARN magick just like you. Nobody around here is perfect and i’m not going to pretend to be to impress you.

Don’t ever try to make me your guru, idol, or role model. I don’t play that game and i don’t get any enjoyment out of anyone idealizing me. I know me. I’m very fucking ordinary. There’s nothing about me that would make any sane person go i want to be like that guy. In fact, quite the opposite.

I’m a student of this game just like you. I make mistakes just like you. My magick fails me often, just like you. I am an ordinary human being, just like you. I just study this shit a lot because i’m trying to make it work for me. Just like you.

Right?

My advice to you if you’re reading this: Learn to do this stuff for yourself. Don’t rely on anyone else to get you through this life.

Beware your mentors. Teachers can show you many things that shorten the learning curve, but avoid the trap of serving other humans for scraps of knowledge. There are sorcerors out there that will show you what you need to do, but ultimately, Do It Yourself.

I’m not avoiding you. I’m just telling you that self-responsibility will never make you a sucker or a victim the way dependence will.

You will thank me for this advice when you get good at this game.

Rant over.

Does this mean we’re breaking up? lol

We-ee!!! Are never ever everrr, getting baaack together.

:frowning: So my belongings are gonna be on the front lawn when I get home?

Can we at least still be friends baby pleeeaaaasssseeee!!! I can’t handle this in my life right now…You know this Chad! I fucking looove you man!

No homo.

arr you getting alot of spellbeggars in PM?

I recently got a spell request, was in the mood and obliged.

I did my thing, then afterwards I summarized my ritual with a sigil which I then gave to the client as a means to tap into the current of that ritual. I gave him a few suggestions on how to apply it, and encouraged him to use those as a basis to create a more personalized application, which he did.

Since it’s the kind of thing he wants to reuse, I’m hoping he’ll refine his technique as he goes.

I can make a fucking horse drink!

If you only knew…

The struggle is real out there

[quote=“The Cusp, post:7, topic:8436”]I recently got a spell request, was in the mood and obliged.

I did my thing, then afterwards I summarized my ritual with a sigil which I then gave to the client as a means to tap into the current of that ritual. I gave him a few suggestions on how to apply it, and encouraged him to use those as a basis to create a more personalized application, which he did.[/quote]

In a perfect world i’d get clients like that as well. Unfortunately, in this world…

I get the spell-beggars who are in a hurry, who want everything done for them, and they want it all for free.

And of course, i’m the only person on the ENTIRE PLANET who can help them.

None of the thousands of adepts with 10x more experience and skill than i will ever have can (read: want to) do the job.

Only i can help. I’m their last resort.

Or so they tell me.

Do i look like the Chosen One™ to you? HA! (rolls eyes)

Don’t put that on me. I don’t do well with guru status. I don’t want that title. Give it to somebody else.

The ones i get want me to do all the heavy lifting.

But the thing is, you shouldn’t have to.

Initiative is very important. If someone has no internal get-up-and-go, there’s nothing you can do for them.

Even if you get the job done, it’ll bite you in the ass one way or another if they don’t want to do anything for themselves.

I’m not anyone’s saviour and i’m definitely nobody’s spiritual butler, garbageman, or dishwasher. I’m an everyday person just like like you.

Learn to do this for yourself. Turn to others if you need help. There are plenty of knowledgable pracs on here and elsewhere who can troubleshoot your work.

If you want to skip the scut work of doing it on your own, i hate to break it to ya. There’s no way around the fact that the responsibility of your life has to come back to YOU.

Magick can help you in many ways, but you have to want to do it for yourself. If you can’t find it in you to want to learn how to use this stuff to make your life better, don’t expect anyone else to care more about your progress than you do.

To whom it may concern.

If you only knew…

The struggle is real out there[/quote]

(a thought… the Ultimate Way to take down “the magician” is to make him a Celebrity that attracts ALL the spellbeggars in the world.). Ever see that movie “Scent” where in the end some guy uses some pheremone love spell potion and everyone ends up eating him alive? symbollically speaking of course =)

You could pull a Mr. Needful from Rick and Morty.

“Let’s just say you don’t pay…with money…”

1 Like

[quote=“Orismen, post:11, topic:8436”]You could pull a Mr. Needful from Rick and Morty.

“Let’s just say you don’t pay…with money…”[/quote]

Lol, I love that show. “lets get some motherfucking ice cream!!”

1 Like

Awe and i needed a spell

I’m actually more like Rick.

1 Like

you’re enjoying this wayyy too much :c\

…not to mention the personal consultations and ritual for hire offered on this site by Erik himself, as well as his coworkers Nate Bales, Asenath Mason, and S. Ben Qayin

I’m a student here still learning the ropes, so my knowledge is open-source and i don’t charge.

If you’re down to learn and swap notes i’m all for that. Cos i’m trying to learn here too.

But if you wanna get your crotch wet…

…get rich quick

…get outta jail

…get back at that asshole who wronged ya

…and you want it all done yesterday and for free

…and my name crosses your mind

…keep going til you find someone else, ok?

Maybe start with the big kahuna himself, Erik

…then work your way down through his coworkers until your wallet stops screaming for mercy

cos it’s gonna cost ya if you want it done properly

the magick unicorn doesn’t exist

…so buy your juju and get that shit sorted out.

We’ll all be happier that way.

you’re enjoying this wayyy too much :c[/quote]
You were my last hope… The only person in the world that could help me. And now i cant even pm you? Whatever shall i do?? …
Actually im just happy to see some humor on here. Sometimes this place can be too stiff. I do feel your pain though. I get some odd ones sometimes. Im honestly not even sure if they are serious or just yanking my chain lol

Pro-tip - keep a boilerplate PM that you can just copy-paste, for example, I send this to all new members once they’ve done an intro:

Welcome to the forum! There's a lot of great information available on this site, and you might find these links useful to begin with:

• the Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc.;

• and also a lot of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function.

There’s a sign-off para that I usually type by hand, maybe something relevant to what they said in their intro or just “Look forward to seeing you round on the forums” or whatever time etc dictate.

If you adapt that to say something like “Sorry I’m too busy to help, but …” then link to some sites & resources you like, or whatever, this saves YOU time, and, if you keep your PM updated to cover the most common things, it means every single person’s getting a reply kind of honed and perfected from other people’s questions. :slight_smile:

And, y’know, takes seconds to paste this in, you can always sign off saying something like “Aside from these tips, I’m afraid I’m too busy to enter into correspondence, but please do post on the New Magicians section where you’ll be able to get a wider range of support and advice.” Or something like that - polite, but clear.

People are often desperate, new to this, and what looks like same-old, same-old to one of us is still a really pressing and probably scarily new thing to them, people have no way of knowing they’re the 35th person to ask you that in a week or whatever. :slight_smile:

2 seconds to copy-paste, and you can walk away with a clear conscience and no ruffled feathers.

1 Like