Just bought the famous magical text Picatrix

Has anyone given it the full time it needs to be understood and have they gotten any good results?

I have just become aware of the Picatrix and have the same question. I have read things about it but have not yet read it. But before I start on it, I would like to learn what others here have to say about it.

I remember back in the late 90s, on the email list Enochian-L, Jake Stratton-Kent would often reference the Picatrix as a connection between astrological lore and the grimoire tradition. He seemed to have studied it in detail by then, and thought rather highly of it. I haven’t read it myself.

It is hard to learn, imo .

Its not as hard to use now as we have lunar calenders on the net so timing the best time for a ritual.

It’s based on the principle that instead of will power being the source of magic ,a new concept(100yrs or so), according to the book , the original source is that we draw it from the heavens and make sigils and do rituals at specific times in the lunar cycle, also planetary but as i said , we have the scientific ability to get the times right at the click of a mouse unlike our Wizard ancestors, so its not so difficult.

It is a tough read though, mentally, you really use you brain reading it.

Its not as hard to use now as we have lunar calenders on the net so timing the best time for a ritual.

It’s based on the principle that instead of will power being the source of magic ,a new concept(100yrs or so), according to the book , the original source is that we draw it from the heavens and make sigils and do rituals at specific times in the lunar cycle, also planetary but as i said , we have the scientific ability to get the times right at the click of a mouse unlike our Wizard ancestors, so its not so difficult.

It is a tough read though, mentally, you really use you brain reading it.[/quote]

I am getting the Planetary Magick book by the same guys, it is an introduction to it. I like the concept of using the hours and lunar phases to use universal energy instead of our own.

Is there any program to download for lunar timing?

I’m sure there is but a simple search will give you many sites dedicated to it and are highly accurate.