Journaling- Writing it all down

When I was younger and keeping a daily journal- this would not have even been discussable. But now; being so far removed from the practice I have been abit bothered by the practice; even though I know every which way of its efficacy and "Key to opening the Gates or Results " Nature.
Today i saw another of the every 10 mins Dragon program commercials- and it got me to thinking; "Is that a good idea?"
I can say "YES- definetly"
as well as "No- this particular paert of the rituals has to be done old school for the maximum benefit"
What are your thoughts?
On the yes argument I can say it lends to making it quicker, easier- and in away less thought and physical efforts need to be expended. I am sure there are others. much like whatever reasoning the Mormons have used for their Video Temple necromantic excersizes. (and as former worker there i can say- even though more peeps show up- less of the ‘concrete benefits’ are Invoked as well as Evoked- and manifested.
On the no side. There is profound immediate mental, psychological, spiritual, emotional- effect. It enhances actual energies which run throughout the Entity of the individual- causing these energies to be thrown out, on every level of the Being- rebounded back- and sent out again- if done right- becomes a very repetitive ‘shadow/psyball’ reworking of the rituals which with each cycle through the being increases and intensifies [whether the writer knows it or not]- as well as if other Demons angels etc have been worked with- very much DO- engage in the Energy matrix created by the excercise. Ever seen a marathon runner win by throwing a digital download of his last race at the course? Maybe not the best analogy- but it kinda works.
So I offer this rattle in my head for discussion. Hope it churns up some really good brain and soul food.

I know I’ve spent periods of being LAZY, or periods of lack of faith in myself and my experiences (often the same thing) and then when something that happened during those periods came back up, having to rack my brains to recall what gnosis, impressions, or vague thoughts I’d casually dimissed as meaningless.

And I knw that when something echoed back to some early seed-point when I DID have enough faith in myself to take notes, and enough investment to think they mattered, the points I’d noted formed the foundation of some really epic things.

So much so that I DEEPLY regretted and greatly lamented my other failures to take note and take my experiences seriously enough…

The ONLY reason to not keep good journals is thinking that what happens - what you experience, feel, think - doesn’t matter, because of some lazy or lame self-doubt.

I made that mistake and I’m STILL picking up the pieces, when those early experiences turned out to be important epiphanies I should be working on now, and instead I’m still just catching up.

Don’t ever think you and your experiences, perceptions, and realisations don’t matter - it’s not a game, and based on my experience, you really will regret not keeping records! >_<

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:4484”]I made that mistake and I’m STILL picking up the pieces, when those early experiences turned out to be important epiphanies I should be working on now, and instead I’m still just catching up.

Don’t ever think you and your experiences, perceptions, and realisations don’t matter - it’s not a game, and based on my experience, you really will regret not keeping records! >_<[/quote]

I concur!! I’ve started to write shit down throughout the day. For everything, now. Every daily tarot reading and my impressions, songs lyrics that come from nowhere, daily trance, weirdass kid quotes, recipies, brilliant ideas, evocation notes, illness and corresponding fluffy affirmations, planetary transits, books/articles I’m reading and page numbers, sketches, sigils and their purposes (and I cover active ones, so I don’t peek) …Everything!

Having a slight paranoia streak, I once destroyed 4 years of my brain vomit after realizing I sounded mental and thinking “what if someone read this?!” Sad. Made de-fibromyalgifying myself take years longer, since constant worldview shifting is best for me. And no better way for that to happen than than having a good sense of my current worldview.