Joker crazy

Best type of therapist would be hypnotherapist. They focus on results and short term. Not the traditional psychotherapist route where they aim for 10 yr record continuous sessions of just talking about the problem and not results oriented. Check out richard bandler’s books. 'getting the life you want." It can teach you a thing or two about emotional management and managing thoughts.

2 Likes

Great emotion there. Channel it. Use it with your next magick. =o)

1 Like

Please remember movies are never made about nice uneventful lives, where people get help and are able to solve their own problems.

We watch movies about bank robberies, logically the worse day in anyone’s working life who actually has to face that, not a week’s worth of uneventful 9-to-5 clerking and stamping cheques in and out!

I’ve posted some methods that helped me in the past here:

From “problem” to ACTION

3 minute brain dump

Creating an inner sanctuary

But you may be facing problems that are beyond what people on here can assist with - if you’re having thoughts of hurting yourself, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

Please seek help from a medical professional, if that’s where you’re at right now (for you or anyone else reading this).

Almost every country has a similar crisis line and people who are waiting to hear you out, and help as much as possible.

Here are some additional contacts:

CALM: “The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is leading a movement against suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK and the cause of 18 deaths every day.” UK based: https://www.thecalmzone.net/

US: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

US LGBTQ Youth (the Trevor Project): 1-866-488-7386

US Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

Canada: 1-800-784-2433

International: Befrienders Worldwide http://www.befrienders.org/

Australia: 13-11-14 (lifeline) or 1-800-55-1800 (kids help line for 5-25 yrs old)

UK Samaritans: 116 123 (UK) & 116 123 (ROI) free of charge, or e-mail: [email protected]

And this is an article especially for anyone dealing with shame over feeling, or having felt, that their life had become unliveable: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/2

3 Likes

Saw it. It was decent. Without spoilers. It’s really about someone’s descent further into their own mental illness because of the harsh treatment of life. The director/producer said it may or may not be the official joker and may be an inspiration for the DC’s joker everyone knows.

Just ask yourself, how would you respond if you had similar experience? The movie helps one think about the stuff he goes through as it’s 3rd person view when watching about others. It can help you learn about emotions. My coworkers says it’s depressing movie due to ending. I’m a hypnotherapist so I guess my mind is different than most as I would analyze the movie for possible lessons.

THat’s why the movie is rated R. and ban in china as it can affect someone’s mentality. It isn’t good for some people who would act it out in real life. Some people want to be copy cat.

I completely disagree, the movie currently causing machete riots around innocent children in the UK is an earnest look at how kids get caught up in gangs!

The movie’s meant to be viewed through his eyes so some things might be skewed or distorted because of his illness, as Todd said. So, I guess it can be depressing for some. It’s more of a cautionary tale in any case. Whatever someone takes away from it is how they see the world. Can’t say in his position if I’d act the same way. There’s some contrast to him and The Punisher in terms of their mind breaking, their reaction to it is the only difference.

I never watch movies base on political view lense. It’s the media and propaganda that put that seed in people’s thoughts. For example, The golden compass movie. I was hoping for sequels yet they didn’t make it due to the propaganda that was striking against the movie causing it to lose profits. I thought it was a good adventure fantasy movie. Just like chronicle of narnia.

what part you disagree? the reply is vague.

Some people aren’t ready to watch violent films as they are not mature enough or self thinkers to think for themselves. They actually get brainwash with the violence which isn’t good for the mind. They react. Same with all the news. It’s all bad news in tv causing people to be negative in their life. There’s reason for it. That’s a different topic of discussion. Depending on your state of mind, it can be entertainment or it can be real trouble. Some people don’t follow the story line. All they see is the violence.

I disagree with this part, this particular movie is literally no different to any other in which people do bad things, which is almost all of them.

Won’t comment on the China thing because p o l i t i c s. :innocent:

1 Like

The rating of movies is to prevent kids from watching it. They are too young to watch. It can affect them negatively. Joker is different. It’s psychological movie. It’s not action movie. Psych movies affects people more. It has more impact. Also if a movie is more realistic it affects people more. If it’s animation with lots special effects, it won’t mimic everyday life. So people unlikely copy the violence if it’s not realistic.

THe blue story is realistic so there is crazy copy cats wannabe. It has to do with possibility if it can happen in real life. There’s another indonesian movie that is violent as heck called ‘the raid’. it’s about a cop taking down a drug lord practically all by himself in apartment gang building. No one is going to try to copy that. It’s really unrealistic so they see it as entertainment. Certain type of movies are prone to copy cats.

If we had movie about magick curses causing havoc and actual process of magick was shown and the results in gruesome way. I can surely see people are going to try to copy cat the magick curses. If movie was done realistically. If it was with all these special effects then people see it only as entertainment.

Actually, it was because the movie was awful and didn’t make as much money as New Line Cinemas was hoping for.

Yes there was a lot of bashing from Christians, but y’know what? They did that to the Passion of the Christ and it was still massively successful.

That is not at all how that works.

Video game guns don’t actually emulate real life guns. It’s a completely different experience.

Not what I meant. I meant what you see in the movie, it’s from the main character’s point of view, you’re seeing through their eyes as the director And producer Todd Philips explained, so what he sees you see and it might not be accurate because he’s mentally unwell.