Jinn Sorcery book review

Jinn Sorcery
by Rain Al-Alim

I had never heard of Scarlett Press until I was looking for books that discussed the topic of working with Djinns and came across this title. After reading some of the comments regarding this book in various places, I decided to bite the bullet.

This book was championed as a powerful addition to anyone’s arsenal who had a serious interest in working with the Djinn and after paying £22 (roughly $29 USD based on that day’s exchange rate), I was the new owner of a book that was heavily despised by the Islamic community. Just needed to wait for it to get to me from Europe.

Luckily, I am a patient person and after about two weeks, the package arrived. The presentation is quite impressive, given that I am used to buying and scavenging for books in bins and dusty, old shelves that are ripped or at least showing their abuse. The book itself is almost a work of art and it wasn’t even a special edition version. Already impressed out of the gate.

The book itself is a quick read. Only 72 pages in length, the gross majority of it is an actual grimoire with little discussion on Djinn magick itself. No in-depth info on specific djinn, which ones are better for what, or anything you may find in more contemporary writings. Think of it more like a technical manual for various incantations and summoning.

The biggest downside to the book is what these instructions require in order to work. Things like fasting for 40 days in the wilderness away from all other humans and the use of prepubescent boys in these rituals came across as a logistical hardship. Given that hanging out with prepubescent children in this day and age, especially for days in the wilderness with no food is not overly smiled upon in general, there are some roadblocks you may come across.

It is important to note that the use of the prepubescent males was solely as a proxy scrying medium in a circle per the instructions. Also, some of the incenses mentioned in these rituals will take some planning in order to gather as they aren’t always commonly found at your local supply place.

Worth the purchase? I think so. Not every ritual in the book requires extravagant preparations and there are specific rites focused on connecting with certain Djinn which can come in useful. Unless you are in a position where you can make some of the arrangements needed to properly seclude yourself and have access to the some of the diets and quantity of incense required, you may only find this as viable resource material.

4 Likes