Japanese deity sigil help

Hello everyone
I need the sigil of the sun goddess Amaterasu. Does anyone here know her sigil?
All help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, since she’s a Japanese goddess, she wouldn’t have a Western magickal sigil unless someone specifically created one for her from a sun-based magick square.

If I were going to do this for myself, I would research her a little bit and see if there’s a more traditional Japanese symbol for her.

Just from a quick Wikipedia search, I found this image of a painting of Amaterasu emerging from a cave …

I’d probably just use that myself. I can almost feel myself “falling into it” when I focus on her and let my gaze soften.

You could also just use a sigil for the sun itself and combine it with her name in Japanese Kanji.

That’s how I would approach it.

5 Likes

I also found this:

What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

I don’t have any horrible feelings about it from a quick glance. I don’t feel calling to me or anything.

The real question is “what do you feel about it”? Listen to your intuition.

I’m less of a “focus on thinking” traditional magickian and more of “let the power just flow through me” sort of shamanic-sorcerer hybrid. Damn that was tough to put into words. lol

2 Likes

At first I believed that it was real, but after looking at it’s sources… not anymore. I will do as what you told me to do, draw the sun sigil and write her name in Japanese Kanji.

1 Like

I’m not telling you that YOU SHOULD do it, I’m just trying to give you an idea of how I approach this stuff to see if it works for you.

A lot of our journey through magick is finding out the things that work for each of us.

Good luck with your work. Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Honestly, sometimes you don’t need a sigil to contact a deity. I’m not against it or anything but there are other methods of contacting deities without the use of sigils. They weren’t always around anyways.

I would suggest being in a place where you would feel her presence the most, when the sun is at its peak.

Read up on her lore, she’s a kami right? Who is she exactly? who are her siblings? What are her feelings towards her younger brother susanoo. I would suggest trying to immerse yourself in her current through what little lore you can find and start to make unconscious impressions that’ll further your relations with her in the future.

You could pair this with what @valkarath said and you’ve got yourself something to work on.

~Aluriel

3 Likes

Aluriel thanks for the idea! :slight_smile:
I already did my research. All I was waiting for was a way to contact her. I can even tell you the story if you want. :wink:

1 Like

Good, you’ve done your homework :smile: What do you think about her bow that you’ve read up on the lore. Do you sort of get this feel of her personality? Something you might be able to recognize if it came to you later?

~Aluriel

1 Like

To be honest with you I get the feeling that we are mother and daughter. I have a friend that has a god as his father. Not gonna say names, but I feel that Amaterasu is my mother and I’m her daughter. According to the lore, Amaterasu took Susano-o’s sword, chewed on it, then spit out 3 pieces of the sword, which became goddesses. I get the feeling that I’m one of those goddesses. A lot of synchronicities are happening to me these days that make me believe that. To tell you the truth I’m a guy, but I don’t behave like a guy…

2 Likes

I understand what you’re trying to say, I get what you mean about gender. I’d love to hear about your results from working with her.

~Aluriel

2 Likes

I’ve heard of a red spiral on a white background being used.

Lol same, but I’m here from Artemis. Not a goddess or anything, just always had a connection with nature, and she was always my favorite. Recently she’s been calling me, too.

That’s great, my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Little late to the party, but here you go.

That sigil above is a lame Swami light worker made up sigil. Here is her true sigil, she gave it to me last night.

Also, I started a thread here:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the information! :slight_smile:

1 Like