Is total physical relaxation necessary for astral travel

So i have a condition where my body is always twisting, constricting, contorting, etc. This prevents me from being able to relax my body into a aignificantly deep altered state of consciousness without the help of psychoactive substances. Ive read in many books that you need to relax your body to astral travel, but in practice is this always true for you guys? If so, is there possibly a way around needing to be totally physically relaxed if that is literally impossible for me?

1 Like

Relaxation is considered necessary because it allows the mind to forget about the physical body and makes transferring the consciousness to the more subtle bodies easier. However, it is quite possible to astral travel without it. And once you become proficient in travelling, you can even do it while still physically walking around. This generally requires a splitting of the consciousness, where a small part of you is running the physical body while the larger part is in the astral.

2 Likes

Yes in a sense that your body must basically be dead to project. Projection is the soul departing from the body and leaving it in a state of suspended animation where to outside observers you are dead. This is the case until you get enough mastery and power to divide your soul in two parts and control both the part piloting your body and the part projecting. Mental projection is probably what you are after and this is the basic practices of so called astral projection people seem obsessed with. Mental detachment is all that is needed your body can do whatever long as your mind does not notice and is focused on the goal. Though likely your condition can be resolved with a bit of self hypnosis which shuts off the signals to the muscles causing the twisting.

2 Likes