Is time-based magick possible?

Roberts ebook mentions an exercise talking to the future self in which his future self communes with the past self psychically.This can be done by sending intention to the past self during trance meditation and turn it into habit.After this the future self will communicate with u and give valuable directions for life.

3 Likes

Astral- is this the guy, and the ebook you are referring to? [url=http://www.astraldynamics.com/]http://www.astraldynamics.com/[/url]

1 Like

yup Brian that is the man Robert Bruce.the ebook is similar to that of koetting in look nd feel.

1 Like

I have caused a lot of harm in my time. My advice would be to get over the fact you have messed up and move on. You can’t expect an entity to live your life for you, otherwise what is the point of having free will, they can be called for assistance but to erase your past is a tad cawardace. Not trying to be harsh, but sometimes our worst mistakes come with the best, and harshest, lessons. Use it to better yourself, sometimes you have to accept the results of your actions. You need to learn to live with it. Living in the past will only cause weakness in the present.

2 Likes

Yes, time magick, also called retroactive magick, is possible. Check out the book ‘Space/Time Magick’ by Taylor Ellwood. The anthology ‘Magick on the Edge,’ edited by the same guy, also has a section on it. Both books use the Chaos Magick paradigm, but the ideas are easily adaptable.

There are many magicians experimenting with retroactive magick. Google it and read some of the articles.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

It’s possible I believe. If you look at time in a linear way then a limit gets created but in a circler perspective many possibilities of exploration appear. The most info I’ve come across on time travel and altering it is in Gnostic Voudon and Hatian Vodoun. There’s a veve in EAs and Dr Deprinces book which defiantly hints on such a potential.

2 Likes

but the question may be, can you remember the situation yu have altered

1 Like

From what literature I’ve read (I have not yet performed any retroactive magick) you will remember the situation you altered, but not necessarily how it originally was.

2 Likes

I have read about such type of magick although personally I am not sure either way of its ‘legitimacy’. Doubt stemming from you are affecting multiple other things by changing something in the past, possibly something in violation of another person’s will. Belief towards it because time only has meaning in this physical existence if at all.

Either way it seems unnecessary. Why not just try to make it so that people have a difficult time remembering such a thing happened? If nobody remembers, then did it ever really happen? :wink:

1 Like

I was going to comment something about Taylor Elwood’s book on time magic, but it was already there…

But what i really wanna say, is that i don’t believe much in time magic because it would have such tremendous effect on yourself - you would alter who you are, what a paradox - maybe you could stop existing :smiley: Anyways i’m not sure does the time even exist, everything is just a process and time is invented to name the process in my view.

1 Like

To me, this creates one big paradox. If anyone says they have done this before, I would question it. How do they know they did it? Do they have two sets of memories of their life from that point in time that was changed/altered? That would be extremely confusing. I would take it this would always be a major event that had major ramifications that would be decided to attempt to change. If you could use magick to affect that event then one of the two scenarios are left:

1. Your ritual was effective and you changed the past. But you don’t know the ritual was effective because now, in your new “altered life,” you don’t have to do the ritual. You have no memory of needing a ritual to change you life. Hell, if it pre-dates your occult initiation, you may not even now be on the left hand path. Point is, your life will be much different.

2. You do the ritual, it is effective, and now from the event that you changed to present, you are left with two sets of life memories. I contend that nearly every action creates a set of chaotic reactions, much like dominoes (but of course much more complex). So by changing that one event your life will be so different in many ways. If you had memories of both pasts (notice, plural), it could easily make a normal person go mad keeping that time period of your life straight.

Just my $0.02. I guess anything is possible, but I would not want to mess with either of these potential outcomes.

2 Likes

In the Book of Azazel the nether Ahk’laht’esh is said to teach how to slow and speed up time. He is also said to teach you rituals to effect the past and how to open gateways to the future.

4 Likes

being a novice, I would find an entity(s) that you trust and have had success with before I would even mention this question. Would you trust someone you just met with the vulnerability of the direction of your life? Also, this is something I would try to do without an entity. Seriously dude, fuck these hoes. If you found an opportunity to actually time travel take it. Thats pretty epic. I would love to see how this would work, not to mention meet the entity/person that could do said ability.

In theory: you would have to stop time altogether. Unless you are content with playing catch up. Walk through the past, change it, and come back. Now the energy involved to do all of that would probably fuck you up physically and mentally. To get an entity to do all of that would be hard to pull off.

I have actually asked an entity about this topic, I questioned time itself. How it works, patterns of time, energy involved to manipulate it, etc, etc. I really didnt get a concrete answer to some of my questions. It left me with more questions and no answer to satisify my curiosity. However, I was told that time can change on you and the future wasnt set in stone. ??? It messed with my head, so I backed off and questioned my approach. That is pretty much what I got. Best of luck.

I would like to see this topic develop, this is a pretty interesting topic to question any entity and their nature(s). Good luck guys.

1 Like

The realest shit I heard in a minute haha

2 Likes

[quote=“[email protected], post:1, topic:1278”]I have no experience in magick whatsoever, but was attracted to this site and Mr. Koetting because of the positive reviews for his books on Amazon, and mentions in Reddit’s occult section. Without getting into too much detail, I’ve made some mistakes in the past (haven’t we all, I know…) which I would love more than anything to correct. The ramifications of that decision, though isolated to only a few people, have haunted myself, and my fiance to this day. I am wondering if there is any way I can send a message back in time, travel there somehow (astral projection or something), evoke a demon or an angel to warn my past self or change things on my behalf, etc. Is there anything this site, magick, Mr. Koetting or anyone else here knows or can do to help me? Please. It would be appreciated more than you know.

Forgive me for sounding as green as I probably do. Again, no experience in, or knowledge of magick. But I do know that if it could help me, I’d throw myself into it as much as I could. Thank you.[/quote]

As someone who’s practiced this magick, I can tell you it’s horribly volatile, and since you are on the time line you are practicing on, you have no recourse if something goes wrong that completely escapes your control.

Time is also self correcting, whether you change a law, a situation, or kill your father, the effects are very powerful and reliable. If you kill your father, you should expect an untimely and rather immediate demise. So really I wouldn’t play with this, because the little “errors” and short sighted judgements I made really haunt me today because they have had horrible consequences on many individuals, and I fear I know not how to correct them at this point.

Change what you can now, there’s a lot you can do. Personally by how it sounds, I might reccomend a death of the self ritual first.

[url=http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/a-simple-ritual-to-erase-the-past-and-embrace-the-future.html]http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/a-simple-ritual-to-erase-the-past-and-embrace-the-future.html[/url]

How does an option in the present seem to you sir?

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

1 Like

pretty much what frater A said is gold. Time based magick is super volitile. If you are down and you feel its worth it remember it comes at a price. Try that Enochian square that is floating around here. They have some good info if you ask the right questions. Be careful, that square is hardcore.

2 Likes

The smart thing to do would be to work with your God-self on this. Multiple people I consider reliable have reported that anytime you have different possibilities for outcomes, all of those possibilities are generated and stored, even though you only experience one. So an adept at soul travel can go back to a certain point, alter key variables and run a simulation on how things would go if certain changes were made. Once you found/configured a location you liked, I would think you could sigilize that point, feed energy into it and shift into it - like a “save point” in a video game. I’m speaking metaphorically.

You are your mind, NOT your body. Having a body on the material plane creates an anchor for your memory that allows you develop and stabilize faster than you could on higher planes. Your mind would not be affected by changes in the material plane, provided you were the one who made the change. Everyone else would remember things differently than you.

And yes, that Enochian table kicks ass. It’s one of those things to file under, “Be careful, BUT be a lot LESS careful than most people would be.”

Both reality and the mind heal quickly - it’s the lower personality, Samsaric consciousness that gets traumatized and has issues when it’s tidy, stable reality gets violated. That’s why you always go through at least a miniature Dark Night of the Soul every time you make a spiritual breakthrough. Because your personality wants to preserve itself and its sense of being in control and breaking its stable reality gets it depressed and rebellious.

The dangers are to the health and sanity of your personality, which can go nuts if you hit it with too much stress at once. To pick up an example above, if you killed your father, you would probably just get the most genetically similar father procurable and incarnate as someone slightly different. Maybe the name everyone calls you will change (it’s not your real name anyway). This could be extremely stressful to the personality - most people don’t deal well with that level of disorientation and isolation. (In fact, I’ll bet a lot of people on this forum whose development is just really starting to pick up are starting to see why so many artists and people who get into magick develop drug habits and other issues. The whip-lash back and forth every day from spiritual reality to the mundane illusion is VERY stressful for the lower personality, but it’s those higher states that really feed us and give our lives meaning and momentum.)

But you would spend months and anticipate and tweak as much as you could in “simulation mode” before you tried switching over and replacing the actual experience. Again, careful, but not TOO careful.

It seems to me that the value of this sort of undertaking is primarily experiential. To actually experience this would drive home the malleability of reality and legitimize ideas of detachment and non-identification instead of just making them conceptual ideals that you pay lip service to but don’t really live by. It’s the power of, “This is real and I can do it and cultural conceptions of concrete reality are bullshit.”

And I say the primary benefit is experiential because our experience IS a simulated rendering of information accessed by intention. In other words, the reality you’re living in now is itself 100% replaceable, and there’s really no such thing as “the past.” But we have a deeply entrenched cultural monolith-idea of “THE PAST” that oppresses and constrains us every day and would be greatly deflated or outright crushed by an experience like this. There are whiffs of immortality in experiences like that… So it’s not NECESSARY to alter the past to get a cool new present, but it is a potentially valuable experience.

5 Likes

Apparently Azazel is good for doing reality writing/time altering magic with. You might want to get him to help you to make sure you don’t fuck stuff up when you do it.

1 Like

I really like the “save point” concept. Working on your godself is really the best option to consider. One you get to know your soul better and when your ego come crashing down and reality shatters. The energy from your godself will can provide you with useful tools to cope a little better with your environment. Its like a safety switch for judging perceptions. Like having a better reaction to the “is the real” feeling. Soul travel is a hard concept for me to wrap around. Speaking personally, I have been able to do since I was a little child. Didn’t know I was doing it. Then I forgot how, when I was in middle school, only to never do it until I started messing with magick then my muscle memory allowed my consciousness to reunite with that feeling. Then the rush was found again.

Connecting back to time magick. Well, that is something that is a lot to handle. I have woke up in ritual, writhing on the floor in a puddle of my drool. The snap back to what you were doing is going to fuck you up. You pay a price to train yourself and have your goal exhausted to come back around to you. When it all comes together, you realize what you wanted wasnt that important but you have a better understanding on how things can work.

Its more rewarding when you do it yourself instead of working with an entity. Im going to go out on a limb and say most wont get time magick down but if attempted. Well, most people I have talked to have reported that its a bitter sweet, give and take, process. Due to past experiences I can agree with that outlook at this point in practice. I would talk to an entity to get more info or do some of the work, but do it yourself or else, you could feel like you do when you read other peoples responses on the forum when questions like this are asked.

To clairify, you get a great question that could help you find a solution with a desired outcome. So you ask around to see what works what doesnt or what you are trying to get into, to get what you want. Then someone comes up with a smart ass answer that has worked for them. It great. Now you go to do it only to figure out what works for you. That is the most important thing, YOU. Fuck Azazel and most importantly what people say about him and the cure all entities you hear. However, you wanna find out go ask the source.

You do all of that, you might get what you were after or know how to get it. A lot better that trying to get someone to do it for you. With time magick something may come up where a person doing the work may have to make a descision to a response that comes along the way. If its fucked up, you have no one to blame but yourself. If it works, you now have the outlook to figure out what you can do to have a better experience next experiment.

1 Like

hi Bill

I did in fact attempt something similar years ago when working the Golden dawn system.

Not sure from where I received this technique except that its purpose is to completely revert,revamp,remake your mundane self into a magickal neophyte of sorts.

1.) prepare your ritual area as always, in fact prepare it as if you will be performing an evocation(and if you’ve been watching the videos you’d know you can evoke real people,even yourself)

2.) Perform a simple ritual of your own choosing. The LBRP would be nice for this.

3.) Now you will astrally create, or magickally structure, a complete image of yourself as you are now(outside of the circle). Make sure you see with your eyes open all details,everything.

4.) Now you will “command” it to regress back to an earlier time in your childhood. Pick an age from 5 years to 10. Watch your “double” morph into yourself as you were at this age.

5.) next you will astrally “tattoo” a symbol of power on the forehead. For me it was the pentagram but you may choose any symbol you like that represents to you “power” or “magick” or both or whatever.

6.) now bring your earlier self back to your present as you are now. Astrally see this “mark” on its forehead.

7.) State the intention that this mark will have from this moment on. Be very specific.

8.) dismiss as in an evocation

I think I picked this up from an old copy of Fate magazine in the 80’s, not sure. All I know is that it works.

2 Likes