Is this website provides spells that actually work?

http://www.spellsofmagic.com
I’ve seen some very ridiculious glamour spells like turn yourself to vampire or pokemon halfling (wtf?) this seems really dodgy to me so what do you think?.

P.S. Close this thread if this has been asked before, if so I apologise I accidentely pressed enter when I didn’t meant to and before I knew it this thread has been made.

I don’t know from experience, it doesn’t hurt to try them though.

I think that most of them are either bs or reiterations/direct copies

Yeah it seems that anybody registered can create their own spells and theres no moderation

Yeah it seems that anybody registered can create their own spells and theres no moderation[/quote]

Well for one thing this site IS moderated (not sure about the spells of magic place you posted) but they work hard here to keep religious zealots and trolls away from here so we can have a positive experience free of their bullshit and this site also encourages free thinking, not just from religion but in general. If the mods start regulating who can post spells it would end up in a mess.

Since most people here do believe in standing up for their own beliefs if a mod comes along and says, your spell seems like total bullshit so I am removing it not only would that person most likely fight back and start pointing out other members whose spells they feel should be deleted but those other members would probably start doing the same which would unnecessarily single people out. If they start removing random spells here or there, they would have to remove them all to be fair because people here wouldn’t tolerate picking and choosing at random and we could end up losing some valuable members who do have legitimate work posted. So maybe the other sites feel the same way about spells that are posted?

This site seems to pride itself on moderating enough to keep this place fun and safe without overstepping to the point that we are slapped on the wrist for every little thing we post which is a rarity. Most of the other magickal forums will ban or suspend you for the stupidest thing. I do agree that some of the spells I have seen here and on the wiccan forums seem a little Harry Potterish at times so I just avoid them. I have not used any spells posted here because there are a lot of them that seem to have either come from a Sci-Fi novel, or were submitted by complete newbies, or are just copyrighted works from other authors posted verbatim but if you feel that way too then just ignore anything that seems off to you.

I occasionally exchange spells with other advanced members via PM and so far, everything we have shared has worked just fine so just look around and get to know the other members. When you find a few that you feel are advanced enough to your liking, then consider doing private exchanges via PM like I do with some of the other members here. It’s not hard to spot the members that have been doing this for several years and are truly experienced if you will just watch and observe. That way it’s a win win.

Yeah it seems that anybody registered can create their own spells and theres no moderation[/quote]

Well for one thing this site IS moderated (not sure about the spells of magic place you posted) but they work hard here to keep religious zealots and trolls away from here so we can have a positive experience free of their bullshit and this site also encourages free thinking, not just from religion but in general. If the mods start regulating who can post spells it would end up in a mess.

Since most people here do believe in standing up for their own beliefs if a mod comes along and says, your spell seems like total bullshit so I am removing it not only would that person most likely fight back and start pointing out other members whose spells they feel should be deleted but those other members would probably start doing the same which would unnecessarily single people out. If they start removing random spells here or there, they would have to remove them all to be fair because people here wouldn’t tolerate picking and choosing at random and we could end up losing some valuable members who do have legitimate work posted. So maybe the other sites feel the same way about spells that are posted?

This site seems to pride itself on moderating enough to keep this place fun and safe without overstepping to the point that we are slapped on the wrist for every little thing we post which is a rarity. Most of the other magickal forums will ban or suspend you for the stupidest thing. I do agree that some of the spells I have seen here and on the wiccan forums seem a little Harry Potterish at times so I just avoid them. I have not used any spells posted here because there are a lot of them that seem to have either come from a Sci-Fi novel, or were submitted by complete newbies, or are just copyrighted works from other authors posted verbatim but if you feel that way too then just ignore anything that seems off to you.

I occasionally exchange spells with other advanced members via PM and so far, everything we have shared has worked just fine so just look around and get to know the other members. When you find a few that you feel are advanced enough to your liking, then consider doing private exchanges via PM like I do with some of the other members here. It’s not hard to spot the members that have been doing this for several years and are truly experienced if you will just watch and observe. That way it’s a win win.[/quote]
Thank you for your informative response. Thats too bad I wouldn’t want to bother other members with my complete newbieness so I was looking for a website where I can find spells myself.

Spells only work if you know how to work your magical Will into them. Just randomly repeating recycled incantations and doing rituals will never work unless you can put your full will into it. Any random ritual will work if you have the will to make it. Chaos Magick 101

2 Likes

Well like you said, most websites have spells that seem iffy and spells that seem legit there really is no way to filter that out. Getting a spell to work depends on your intent and belief in the spell so any site can say that their spells are authentic but there would still be some who don’t agree because some people can make even the silliest sounding spells work for them, while others can’t get a spell to work that has been proven to work time and time again. It depends on opinion, belief, and experience no matter where the spells come from.

I have shared a few spells before and have got good feedback saying the spell worked as planned and worked fast, then one person always comes along and no matter how many times I try to revise the spell for them they say it didn’t work and it’s clear that they are just not putting their intent into it because the spell worked for everyone else that tried it. So it’s not really the spells that are good or bad, it’s the magician and his or her intent.

Post was edited to correct some missing words

I actually got my early, early start from that site to some extent. Most people there can’t complete a stone charging, much less a “mermaid transformation”. I’m not saying that stuff isn’t possible, but judging by the quality of people on that I’d wager that most don’t have the skill to pull off what they say they can.