Is this a thing?

Honestly I was unsure about asking on here because I’m not 100% sure it’s anything spiritually related, but I’m also not 100% sure it’s not. Ever since I started practicing magick, every so often I’ll get this very high frequency ringing in one or both ears. It doesn’t stick around and isn’t chronic like tinnitus, it’ll only last for a minute and be done. I’ve not had this happen until starting with magick and trying to develop my psychic senses. I guess I’m just curious if this is a side-effect, some sort of progress in clairaudience, or completely unrelated.

7 Likes

Hey, same things happening to me sometimes and i think it can be some sort or progress… :woman_shrugging:t2: Everytime when this is happening to me i am feeling myself, things and entities around me more, mainly when i am in that state… but i am having it pretttty hardcore and sometimes i am not able to hear anything around me when it is happening :joy: when it started happening i went to see a few doctors and they made me test and i was absolutly 100% healthy so dont panic and let it flow :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Happens so often I don’t even keep track anymore… :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

IT gets somehow intense in the middle of rituals. If other magicians have it I have no idea.

Watching and bookmarked :hugs:

4 Likes

Yeah, it means a spirit is near you.

6 Likes

I agree with @IrisAthena. It happens to me, sometimes I just lose all my hearing on one side for a moment. Someone is trying to communicate with you. With me it usually is a deceased, human spirit when that happens.

4 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. I’ve been told before that spirits are naturally drawn towards me, and I’m a door to door salesman, so I’m literally walking all over town and up to tons of houses each day, so I’m sure they see me.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean, I had/ have this too sometimes. Mostly it’s like heavy tinnitus that kinda fluctuates from one ear to the other. Very soon after I started working intensely with a spirit, my ears were ringing and popping for three days in a row. Felt really weird. Now it’s just the occasional tinnitus, and it almost feels like my ears were being recalibrated or something.

2 Likes

There are muscles in your inner ear that can apply tension to the ear drum and cause a roaring or ringing sound. I can flex them intentionally, my mother has it happen whenever she yawns, I imagine most people can’t consciously affect those muscles but can have it happen unconsciously through other means.

I can actually do this too hahaha. It’s a different sound than that though. Very high-pitched like if someone held a mic too close to an amp.

2 Likes

What I have determined is this…the ringing ears or high whistle may indicate either a change in the veil or fabric of energy around us that allows us to manipulate and manifest easier OR
The sign of spirits that are in close proximity that may be trying to interact with you.
When this happens to me, if I’m able I retreat to a private place and ask if there is one there to commune or ask for sight into the veil to see how I might respond:)

2 Likes

Exactly. Yes it’s like the sound get’s sucked in my head through my right ear and I won’t hear nothing anymore on that side, going out of my left and then my left ear starts to ring. Don’t know how to explain it otherwise. When that happens I know there’s someone seeking communication.

3 Likes

I get this too. There is evidence to show that it could be related to the Schumann Resonance, but that doesn’t really answer much because then you have to ask why the SR peaks like that, which no one is able to explain. So basically I just typed a bunch of words that don’t answer shit. fml. Hope that helps lolol

here in brazil a lot of people who practice magick say that sound is our pine gland

1 Like