Is there a middle path to magic

Title explains it all. Can you elaborate?

2 Likes

The middle between what 2 extremes?

1 Like

There’s no middle path but there’s many paths. By this I mean the whole left hand and right hand path are small concepts that don’t matter. They’re not opposing one another so there’s no need for a “middle path” paths are all around and simply there.

4 Likes

Grey Magick, the Self Initiation Path, (Middle) Pillar of Mildness. Either works as a middle path.

1 Like

I’ll drop this link for your consideration:

2 Likes

There is only your path.

4 Likes

All magic takes understanding and experience.

I think there’s several paths to magic because we humans tends to categorise things and put it in narrow boxes. And we know what happens when we’re put in narrow spaces, right? It’s fun for awhile, until we get bored, frustrated and can’t find a way out. It gets limiting when defining a specific path.

I have my path and you have yours and we walk in the direction it leads us. It doesn’t matter if you prefer angels, demons or other spirits. It doesn’t matter if you follow the traditions of local folklore and superstitions.

What matters, in my opinion, is to have a common and stable ground when practice magic and that is to keep a middle ground and use common sense. Either extremes makes it harder to fall back up or down to the middle.

If you explore the water, keep one foot at the shore.

2 Likes

just do whatever the fuk resonates with you being confined to left kr right hand path is stupid same way religion puts a box on things

1 Like

I actually like the question because it’s resonating with me ATM.

I’m pretty far into working Asenath’s Qliphotic Meditations and want to continue working with Lilith, Lucifer, and the Qliphoth but I also realize that I have zero hate for RHP, zero hate for the figures of Christ and Mary such as I had growing up and getting confirmed RC, rather I know that I’m living a life where I haven’t had a choice not to wrestle some pigs or have them sizing me up, and as far as dealing with a predatory and Darwinian world my experiences of RHP is that it was beautiful, the people were lovely, but you almost have to be in a place that’s post cutthroat competition (like retirement age) to ‘be that’ and not look like prey or an unfit male to people. It’s almost like if you find yourself resonating with RHP too easily it’s a sign that it’s not where your work is needed.

Reading through Draconian Ritual Methods as well and she’s saying that the gods are guides rather than beings you’d serve, I get that and agree… and I don’t think she ever said not to have this but… I still have a fear and awe of the cosmic design and the cosmic mind, the Ancient of Days, etc… just in the sense of the profound, mystery, sublime, I don’t necessarily think it would be rare for advanced left hand path practitioners to tear up listening to something like Pink Floyd’s ‘Great Gig in the Sky’ or other great works of music that will hit you with those ideas and feelings.

I don’t know if it’s so much searching for a ‘middle’ as much as it might be searching for an ‘integral’ path, in the Ken Wilbur sense, and it almost sounds like there are plenty of LHP practitioners who’d make the argument that they are practicing in that direction because they were steeped and initiated up to their eyeballs in at least the exoteric RHP to where they already have a grasp on that and are looking to get a grasp on both - both the idea of the ‘divine’ currents of human evolution and… lets say the gods and goddesses of the graph (which is sort of what I think the Qliphoth is, particularly when the way in which they describe Leviathan is almost a dead-even match).

Not sure if I explained it as well as I could but I think it’s fine to be a full-spectrum human being rather than some type of stripped down canonical character that fits a motif, and I think a lot of us have been alive too long and through too many twists and turns to feel right putting on a one-sided identity.