Is the Necronomicon worth the read?

So I was in Barnes & Noble today and I went in the Occult section (which really they don’t have a Occult section they only have books on Wiccan and tarot cards, that I’m just finding out) I found the Necronomicon it only comes $7.99 was reading here and there but wasn’t sure if it’s worth it…as any1 read the book to know it’s actually worth getting?

2 Likes

Which one? There are a few…

V.K. Jehannum has nice things to say about the Simon Necronomicon. Some of them are old enough to in the public domain I think, which means they can be found free online.

I would say, they’re all worth more than just reading. If you’re only going to read them and not practice the work there are more entertaining books out there.

6 Likes

Donald Tyson

2 Likes

Simon Necronomicon.

3 Likes

@Mulberry I’m talking about the 1 by Simon

I’ve heard that there are some weird inconsistencies with the Simon Necronomicon compared to other, older, information about the same spirits.

Not sure if it’s just minor stuff or actual major issues. So just go with what feels right.

1 Like

@Anziel_Merkaba Mm… interesting. Thx.

There are other older posts about it here, but I stumbled on this looking for experiences with Zahgurim and thought you’d be interested.

1 Like

Oh, cool thanks! I’ll read it immediately!

If you like Lovecraft it is most certainly worth the read. No need to pay for it though. Also, don’t let possible inaccuracies dissuade you, whether in text or your practice. If you are true they will guide you.

1 Like