Is sigil burning really necessary?

I hear all the time that once you charge a sigil, you are supposed to destroy it or burn it. Is it really that necessary to burn a sigil? I also hear that there are cases where you keep the sigil and continuously keep charging it until the intention behind the sigil manifests and then you can burn the sigil. What is your take on this?

4 Likes

I don’t burn them, I keep them as they grow in power after each use for me.

2 Likes

It depends what the sigil is for. Is it a spell, a one time use phone call to a spirit, a vehicle for an offering, or a permanent source of connection? If for an offering or a one time call, some spirits prefer you drown or bury it in the earth rather than burn it.

4 Likes

According to the work of EA Koetting, you burn a spirit sigil after receiving the result asked for. Burning a sigil before you get a result would close the connection, which is the purpose of burning it in the first place.

However, if the spirit sigil is used to evoke (not just for sigil magick), it can be made permanent and used over and over again, each use strengthening the connection to the spirit.

7 Likes

Burning a sigil is by far not necessary at all. it’s just one way for something you plan to have short term go out, burning it is a symbolism of sending out your desire into the universe. it’s only one of many ways for that type of sigil (short term) to be done.

2 Likes

I’ve had sigils that have flat out refused to burn, in which case that means the work isn’t done yet. :man_shrugging:t2: Otherwise when the work is done I see no problem with burning one.

3 Likes

In my opinion, if you’re about to work that Deity again in the future, or you wan’t to keep the connection with Him/Her, you don’t have to burn it necessarily, at all. The Sigil can be used again, and personally, I couldn’t burn my Sigils (covered with blood), because they are monumental to me, so I’ll keep them safe all around me (even knowing the fact that evocation doesn’t really requires Sigils anyway).

7 Likes

I don’t burn them. I usually just keep them.

Do whatever is most convenient.

1 Like

I see. What are the alternative methods of sending out your desire into the universe?

Thank you

1 Like

Gnosis, mediation, drawing/tagging it, etc

1 Like

What do you mean by tagging? There’s many definitions of tagging.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

You can eitherr burn it, or not. What matters is your intention and purpose of making the sigil.

Burning it has meaning to it, just as much as keeping it. The meaning could even be the same, yet the outcome of either keeping it or burning it is where the difference is. Both methods works, as long as we’re aligned to our intentions and the purpose of the sigil. You can burn for long term commitment and prosperity. You can keep it for long term commitment and prosperity. Just as much as you can grow stronger with the connection of the spirit the sigil represent.

Whatever you prefer, use either method.

I prefer sending messages this way. Beautiful, isn’t it?

2 Likes

tagging it on physical places, just as the LS sigil was tagged in many places for example

2 Likes

Hmm what is the LS sigil? I think I will need to see a YT video on tagging sigils… I still don’t get it… I’m deeply sorry. Please be patient with me. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Tagging is just drawing the sigil on a random surface, wall, paper, ground, etc. LS sigil is a linking sigil that overtime turned into an egregore. It was used to tag places to increase supernatural phenomenon in that area, but also to link areas of decent energy to a “occult web” of energetic locations.

1 Like

Ah I get it now. Tagging as in placing on any surface a sigil and the sigil is like this :label: ? Branding in other words? should I YT LS?

1 Like

Pretty much, and you can google it if you want, it was just an example of how placing a sigil on a surface/tagging it meant to be but not one that will exactly benefit much to look up.

2 Likes

This is what I got from googling LS. What do you think?

2 Likes

Yeah, that is LS/Ellis’s sigil.

2 Likes

Not always but more often then not when you work with less tolerant demons in particular. A sigil that has been activated is a link between the one the sigil represents and either the object, area, or most times, the summoner who called.
When this link is not severed, that can become a great annoyance for many beings who do not like to be bothered even through proper sacrifice. Also…there are reasons for casting protecion circles during ritual, these protections may not be as fortified when conducting activities outside of our sanctified spaces.

1 Like