Is post-ritual depression a thing?

Did a successful first evocation for King Asmoday last night. For about an hour after that I felt my body buzzing with what I can only explain as “volcanic energy”. I fell into one of the best sleeps I’ve had in long time, but today I feel a little bit like ass.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?

1 Like

I have. Once slept the next day after a ritual from 6 PM to the same time following morning. Bit delayed, but I’d say maybe you drained some energy?

2 Likes

I used to get very sleepy after evocations , you might simply be feeling the after-effects of working with an extremely negative spirit .

1 Like

Hey, yeah it can happen; you can expend a lot of energy and then feel exhausted.
What I like to do to avoid that foggy/downer vibe is ground myself well after the ritual and then take a magnesium at night. Then I will wake up in the morning totally fresh.

1 Like

As others have said, ground yourself. I’ve come across that after heavy rituals where I didn’t ground myself fully afterwards. Has little to do with the spirit you’ve been working with and more to do with grounding.

3 Likes

I’ve had magical and ritual “hangovers” the following day. Usually, I just need an energetic recharge.

1 Like

Well, make sure that you don’t use just your own energy in rituals, as it can make you feel drained. You can use the energy of your environment or of other things, or ask entities (ie. angels or others) to assist in your ritual so they add energy to it.

3 Likes