Is my husband going through kundalini awakening or schizophrenia..?

Hello all,

Its been some time since I posted on the forum but I could use some insight. My husband and I have been treading on a fine line of divorce. He has strong narcissistic tendencies or may be a full blown one. He was a very selfish individual in our marriage and neglected my needs, just to paint the picture.

We had gone through a tremendously stressful period and he wanted a divorce and packed up to leave to his home state. We coexisted in our home for a week prior to his departure. He was going to school here in my state and put in a transfer, school was his priority in his life (keep this in mind for later). It was also being paid for by his service through military. He had also suffered through a back injury and a traumatic brain injury during his deployment within the last two years.

He constantly complained about his lower back for months leading up to our separation, having shooting pains, and migraines. He also complained about his right leg going numb during that last week he was with me. And was scared his back was so messed up he will end up paralyzed. Well the day he left came and gone and his family called me to ask if he had been acting strange during his time living with me. They said that he believes he is Jesus Christ, he is dancing in circles and is hearing voices.

Worried I tried contacting him for days to no avail. But finally get to chat with him on the phone after he decided to read my messages… he confirmed he is Jesus Christ, that the one day we were arguing while he was on the phone with his mom (i have no recollection of this but wont refute it) he said he felt a light come over him and he saw saint Bridget come out of him. That the light healed his back and migraines and no longer is in pain. He also claimed to talk to Pope Francis on the phone and “people of the church” have been watching over him. Hes also been hearing voices in his head.

Now at this at this point leads me to believe this man has schizophrenia developing. He also had quit school that was the center drive and focus of his life, and says he needs to now “go back to his humble beginnings and needs to live humbly” he says that light and the experience “enlightened him” and he said all his pain stemming from past trauma and abuse from childhood disappeared. He says things to me such as your mind creates your reality, and he believes he has a grand purpose in the world to figure out. He also said he sees visions, such as an incoming earthquake where everybody in the world will bow down. And claimed to see what is happening with Ukraine a year ago while was deployed.

We chatted again a few days later and he got angry at me that i didnt believe he was Jesus and he blocked me on social media. He then unblocked me and asked for my forgiveness saying I am his Mary of Magdala. This man is not catholic and i have no clue where he is getting some of this information. He was brought up christian but fell out of the faith some time ago and now is calling for me to repent.

His whole personality is different, and he is very concerned for the world, other people (except me of course lol), gave up school to fulfill this “divine destiny” and wants to now live without worldly possessions like money. He wants to live humbly.

I am not sure if he is suffering from a mental break, psychosis, developed schizophrenia, or had a kundalini awakening of some sort… any thoughts would be appreciated. He also refuses mental help.

Edit; he also was an avid MJ enjoyer… smoked just about every couple hours or so.

I don’t know for sure about kundalini but I think it’s something else not that, although I read it can aggravate underlying issues if it doesn’t go correctly.

I’m going to @ a couple firum members I think could give you a better answer then mine. They know more about kundalini then me.

@DarkestKnight @Mulberry does this soundly like a kundalini awakening thing or am I podsdobly right that it’s not and it’s something else?

Add: it could be several things besides Schizophrenia
So I hope he gets a full medical exam to rule out other organic causes like strokes and poisonings and head injuries.

2 Likes

In my opinion, this sounds nothing like kundalini psychosis or kundalini syndrome, so I would advise you to get him a professional medical assessment, and possibly treatment, even against his will, if necessary, as he could present a danger to himself.

Schizophrenia generally presents itself in adolescence, but there is a sub-type called late-onset schizophrenia that can present for the first time around the age of 40, and occurs in roughly 20% of those with the condition. You haven’t mentioned your husband’s age, but if you suspect this could be a possibility, it should be checked out before even thinking about possible spiritual causes.

Mod Note: No one here is qualified to dispense medical advice. All we can do is recommend that your husband see a qualified professional. That should be done first.

4 Likes

You are alive and kicking still huh?

Yup, professional help or nothing else can cut through that.

2 Likes

Thank you. He is going to be 26 this year and looking into it, schizophrenia tends to develop around this age unfortunately. He is due for a brain scan soon… hopefully the cause if its not schizophrenia will be found. I appreciate your input greatly. Now I can cross Kundalini off the list.

1 Like

Sometimes people feel the need to associate with well-known people or cultural values when depressed. For example, time to time you will find people who are struggling with wealth claiming to be millionaires. While they know they are not wealthy, the idea that others believe they are makes them feel better. It makes them feel like a success instead of a failure. This also occurs with people stating that they are certain famous people and/or spirits.

Although I will lean towards schizophrenia if he believes there are random people out there trying to “get him”. The easy way to determine this is if he believe everything bad that happens to him is more than just bad luck, but the doing of some unknown person, persons or spirits.

Zen

1 Like

I am sorry for what you are going through right now, it sounds very stressful and difficult, so I hope you have a good support network around you.

Thank you for including these details.

Your husband could be undergoing some kind of spiritual enlightenment, but/or is additionally likely undergoing a medical issue.

I have personally witnessed someone devolve into full-blown paranoid delusional psychosis due to excessive marijuana smoking. It is also generally known in the medical community that a traumatic brain injury may cause a dramatic personality change in someone.

These two combined could be enough to influence your husband.

Personally I would urge you to completely leave anything esoteric/magical/spiritual OFF the table while your husband is being medically assessed.

This is the worst part. In some countries, others can be committed to institutions without their consent, if there is enough evidence that they are a danger to themselves or others.

My psychotic ex similarly refused to seek help psychiatric help even when he was doing things like walking out of the house at 11pm to scream at the neighbours and threaten them with a baseball bat, or urging me to pull my car onto a side street and then searching my car for electronic bugs/spying devices because he was certain “someone” had planted them in my car to overhear our conversations.

Please seek MEDICAL HELP for your husband. Advocate for him, represent him, fight for him, do your best to convince him (or have loved ones convince him) of the need to be physically assessed. If you have to, then make up some bullshit excuse like “well babe I know you want to live humbly, so let’s make sure your health is in good order and get this all out of the way so that you can live without intervention from the outside ever again”. Get his family on board with you if you can.

Until he has been thoroughly medically assessed, please rule out magickal causes for the time being.

I’m sorry, and good luck. :bouquet: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes