Is Lucifer Satan?!

I have already researched in various sources about lucifer and satan, some of the sources say they are the same, others that do not … but in the Bible it says, that story that everyone knows, that lucifer was expelled from paradise is transformed into satan , or that lucifer is God… in the Bible, does not clearly assign Lucifer’s name to Satan, I do not know if the Bible is a very reliable book, I think it was very misrepresented but I had no other means than to take the Bible or some another website. When or I evoke lucifer to say that I am evoking Satan too? after all, are they the same entity? That is the question…

5 Likes

Have you tried using the forum’s search function? There are a lot of threads about this.

4 Likes

Yes, but I can never come to a conclusion, as each one has a different view about it … but thanks.

1 Like

When it comes to questions like this, there is no consensus because it is completely dependent on personal experience.

Those that work with Lucifer say they are not the same, while those who work with Satan say the opposite. And then you have the people who are all about how this god is a mask for that god which in turn is really a mask for that god over there. :man_shrugging:

Personally, I just find it easier to approach each spirit as its own distinct being.

11 Likes

yes, I get this, I think I’ll only know when to go through such an experience, or I’ll never find out hahaha, but as you said, it depends on personal experience … thanks😘

3 Likes

It entirely depends on which Lucifer or Satan you’re referring to.

The Roman God Lucifer, God of the Morning Star or the entity discovered by Christian demonology?

The Lucifer referred to in the Bible is a Latin translation of the Hebrew word, Helel, which means morning star, in Isaiah 14:12. However, this Lucifer is a poetic description of the King of Babylon, and not Satan.

The Satan of Christianity and the New Testament is a completely different form the Satan of Judaism and the Old Testament. In the latter, the Satan is a title of the Archangel Samael who has the role of accusing men. In the former, Satan is a being who is in rebellion against God that seeks to bring others into rebellion against others, he is said to be the serpent of the Garden of Eden that decieved Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

The connection between Lucifer and Satan was a theological development of the third century, when the Latin Vulgate was created and in a mystical text saw the true King of Babylon to be Satan.

So, people who say that Lucifer isn’t Satan or that they are, are likely referring to separate Satans (while the Old Testament Satan has absolutely nothing to do with Lucifer, the New Testament Satan does).

4 Likes

They are different…

4 Likes

It depends on the currents. e.g. for Dragon Rouge and Temple of the Black Light Lucifer and Satan are two words that for us describe different aspects of one and the same spiritual force.

2 Likes

Search the forum, in most posts people have already given some info about it. But to say it in a few words: they’re not the same.

4 Likes

Satan is a title from what i heard anyway

In greek the word “Satan” (it is deeply rooted in the greek language and a very old word, even if greek may be not the first source) is used representative not for just a specific figure, but also exchangingly for any evil figure resembling the same evil traits.

A title for adversary

This is true, it’s the title of the Archangel Samael.

Acutally, satan is from the Hebrew language. שָּׂטָ֖ן is the Hebrew word, though it’s pronounced with long 'a’s so it’s pronounced [Saw-Tawn]. It only means “adversary” or “accuser”.

In the Septuagint (the miraculous Greek Translation of the Hebrew Old Testament) they translate satan as διάβολος (diabolos) [dee-ab-ol-os]. Which is where we get the words diabolical and devil. Like it’s Hebrew counterpart it only means “slanderer” or “accuser”. The word itself is a combination of two Greek words διά (dia) which “through, on account of, or because of” and βάλλω (ballo) which means “to throw” or “to cast”. So, a διάβολος throws it’s insults through its target.

I personally believe that Satan and Lucifer are to be approached as unique beings that are separate aspects of the same being. Thus, they are somewhat the same but also, not… just how I view him. Same with multiple aspects of the entity known as Death.

Well, you’re telling me the theory part. I’m telling you how it’s been used in the language since forever. I’m greek btw :wink:

It may mean adversary, but Διάβολος as well Σατανᾶς it is solely used only in combination with the other side when seen as or being evil. And almost always in relation to spirituality. Sometimes, it may be used in the language by someone calling someone else Διάβολος or Σατανᾶς, who is doing you not well, but not that often. You’ll not encounter it ever in the greek language, in the opposite way, like in saying “I’m the Διάβολος of another person” or in relation to the good. In the Bible, these two words are used in the greek many times throughout the books, as example at some point it’s used for Judas.

1 Like

Yes, when used as proper nouns, of course. According to the Eastern Orthodox Church Satan (Σατανᾶς) refers to the fallen angel Lucifer who opposes men and God.

1 Like