Is It Possible?

I saw a thread a few months ago in the Mastering Omnipotence: Evocation section I think, about possibly evoking spirits from the game Dungeons & Dragons. From what I read in the thread people seemed to have responded positively. But what about card games like Yi-Gi-Oh and Magic The Gathering? There are spells in each card game that could be useful in real life. Using a chaos magic paradigm could recreating the spells in a certain way, such as sigil form, allow them to be cast in real life?

It certainly is possible. Only thing is you will have to put a lot of energy into it, I would say more so than the energy you would use in a ritual with an already established spirit or spell.

Reason being you are starting from scratch. Belial already works as myself and others throughout history can attest, Urza or The Dark Magician will be raw constructs of your own creation (Belial may be as well but that opens a can of worms that I don’t want to get into) As constructs of your mind and will you would have to decide how they act and what they can do. If you want them to stick to their respective storylines or be completely different, that is up to you.

You can see if you can evoke Urza to see if he already exists in some form, if not then you can make your own Urza thoughtform, if you do please make this one less of a dick tat he was in the card game. But I see your point the card “Counterspell” may act as a great defensive spell, you will have to test these things out.

[quote=“Orismen, post:2, topic:1965”]It certainly is possible. Only thing is you will have to put a lot of energy into it, I would say more so than the energy you would use in a ritual with an already established spirit or spell.

Reason being you are starting from scratch. Belial already works as myself and others throughout history can attest, Urza or The Dark Magician will be raw constructs of your own creation (Belial may be as well but that opens a can of worms that I don’t want to get into) As constructs of tour mind and will you would have to decide how they act and what they can do. If you want them to stick to their respective storylines or be completely different, that is up to you.

You can see if you can evoke Urza to see if he already exists in some form, if not then you van make your own Urza thoughtform, if you do please make this one less of a dick tat he was in the card game. But I see your point the card “Counterspell” may act as a great defensive spell, you will have to test these things out.[/quote]

Hi, thanks for your answer. Though I’m not so much talking about the spirits as I am the spells. Like Pyromancer’s Swath could be used as a return-to-sender spell, as an example.

Well the same would apply, as the spells would also be constructs of your own creation. You would have to craft them, then by your energy and will bring the desired result about.

The characters in movies or video games are thoughtforms fed with energy by the people who either played the games or the actors who played the roles, as well as by those who watched those movies.

I don’t think they are powerful though. The ones who would be powerful would be the destructive or bad guys, especially those from video games. Imagine the hate a computer nerd who doesn’t have a life puts in an evil character he plays with, when he destroys other characters. Especially if the video game nerd is frustrated.

Well, they would be just as powerful as other entities with the same following. Many characters from comics and videogames are often archetypes from age-old legends. Just take Final Fantasy, damn near half the things on there are references to occult entities. And whereas many of us don’t spend hours everyday with an entity, comic book nerds and video game addicts number in the 10’s of millions, and many of them wish to death for a reality where these characters are real.

I’ll go out and say that these entities are all very real, as every thoughtform is real. Now, how much you experience that reality… that’s up to you. If you think the entity is only relegated to fantasy musings, well then you probably won’t learn shit. However, if you realize that all reality is a fantasy, and your just gonna use as much of that fantasy as you want, well then you’re probably gonna get a lot out of it.

My only real, tangible experience with a “thoughtform” is with one I created. I thought it would be some monotonous entity, and that it wouldn’t have any power that was too significant. Not only was I wrong, but the entity went out of it’s way to prove me wrong and continues to display that it’s got MAAAD power. I consciously doubted it, but in my true thoughts I always thought that time didn’t mean shit when it came to power, nor did acceptance from the collective consciousness. So that’s what manifested, and I’m glad it did.

So I say, if you want to get something out of it, abandon any pre-conceived ideals about time or collective acceptance having any bearing on the power you want to tap into. That’s at least my experience, but a lot of folks would say contrary so at the end of the day, it’s about how you feel.

[quote=“the1gza, post:6, topic:1965”]Well, they would be just as powerful as other entities with the same following. Many characters from comics and videogames are often archetypes from age-old legends. Just take Final Fantasy, damn near half the things on there are references to occult entities. And whereas many of us don’t spend hours everyday with an entity, comic book nerds and video game addicts number in the 10’s of millions, and many of them wish to death for a reality where these characters are real.

I’ll go out and say that these entities are all very real, as every thoughtform is real. Now, how much you experience that reality… that’s up to you. If you think the entity is only relegated to fantasy musings, well then you probably won’t learn shit. However, if you realize that all reality is a fantasy, and your just gonna use as much of that fantasy as you want, well then you’re probably gonna get a lot out of it.

My only real, tangible experience with a “thoughtform” is with one I created. I thought it would be some monotonous entity, and that it wouldn’t have any power that was too significant. Not only was I wrong, but the entity went out of it’s way to prove me wrong and continues to display that it’s got MAAAD power. I consciously doubted it, but in my true thoughts I always thought that time didn’t mean shit when it came to power, nor did acceptance from the collective consciousness. So that’s what manifested, and I’m glad it did.

So I say, if you want to get something out of it, abandon any pre-conceived ideals about time or collective acceptance having any bearing on the power you want to tap into. That’s at least my experience, but a lot of folks would say contrary so at the end of the day, it’s about how you feel.[/quote]

Very true, also some works of fiction are channeling something real, the most well known example being hp lovecraft, this is also true of some stuff I have come up with.

[quote=“the1gza, post:6, topic:1965”]Well, they would be just as powerful as other entities with the same following. Many characters from comics and videogames are often archetypes from age-old legends. Just take Final Fantasy, damn near half the things on there are references to occult entities. And whereas many of us don’t spend hours everyday with an entity, comic book nerds and video game addicts number in the 10’s of millions, and many of them wish to death for a reality where these characters are real.

So I say, if you want to get something out of it, abandon any pre-conceived ideals about time or collective acceptance having any bearing on the power you want to tap into. That’s at least my experience, but a lot of folks would say contrary so at the end of the day, it’s about how you feel.[/quote]

I haven’t taken the mastering evocation course yet, so I may be talking about something that’s already covered there… but if this is the case and anything you imagine becomes an entity, does that mean all entities are just parts of your mind (or the 5th dimensional consciousness) that have taken the accepted shape and action of what you expect? If this is the case why not bypass this altogether? Why not just directly evoke the 5th dimensional consciousness as a whole? Skip the pieces and directly call on the puzzle itself. Wouldn’t this be the single most potent thing you could possibly do? Or is my understanding just lacking as I’m still relatively new to all this? It seems to me that if you could evoke the 5th dimensional consciousness as a whole, you could not only tap into the power of ALL humanity, but you could also control EVERY spirit and thought form ever created. Essentially, becoming a God above all Gods.

Now, I’ve never actually managed to evoke a spirit… Hell I still struggle with Theta-Gamma and barely can manage to get a candle to work for me most of the time. I have weak scrying senses and this shit is tough for me, so this is WAY off the table for me. But for someone like EA, wouldn’t this be possible?

Call me crazy, but this sounds like the endgame goal of magick. Then again, I can barely get a candle spell to work.

I’d say that you just chase the intuition. In magick, or I should just say reality in general, it’s not about what is possible, it’s more about how you go about making a thought possibility real. I don’t believe that the mind could conceive of that which is impossible, otherwise the brain/mind could not conceptualize it. There wouldn’t be data available to create that impossibility, no matter if it were “mental” or not.

We’re extremely underdeveloped as a species, to a point where even the relatively powerful are just babies in terms of our potentials. I’m not saying that to discredit or disrespect folks who have put in the work to realize our greater capacities, but rather to say that even e beginner is a lot closer than they might feel. So when it comes these entities who are relegated to stories, comics, video games, television, etc., they are just like the entities in grimoires who are waiting for folks to get involved with them. Whether or not you gain their power is completely up to you, not time nor acceptance by the “collective”.

Walker6022, I feel exactly how you do, and despite your inexperience, your thought on the matter is no less valid than someone with decades of experience. Entities are conscious forms of power, which are always connected to us all the time. That is why there are millions of different entities for the same power, and really you are getting to point where you just access the field unlimitedly. EA probably could do it, but his journey is his, and shouldn’t necessarily be a marker for your own journey unless you like where he is going. If you feel he is doing something limited, you got all the right in the world to smash without fear of anything whatsoever.