Is it possible to summon ancient witches & work with them? If so, how?

I’d be wary of calling on people who weren’t actually “witches” simply based off religious propaganda that is what gave rise to the salem witch trials, many of those people were not witches but innocent people killed due to idiocy. No point in calling on a human who has long passed on if they were not actually practitioners.

No, there’s Hoodoo and Voodoo one is folk magick one is their religion, you do not need to follow the religion to work with the Gods.

3 Likes

I would agree, which is why I would like to call on actual witches who once lived, the same way we call on demons, angels and other types of spirits.

I have no interest on calling on people accused of being witches, sorry my post gave you that impression.

Hmm… okay from my knowledge Papa Legba is a Haitian Vodou spirit, meaning I would have to be initiated into Voodoo/Vodou beforehand, as many of us know there has been a lot of spiritual gatekeeping and reminding people that certain practices are closed, which we all also know.

Hoodoo is open of course, but that’s not my specific area of interest.

Thanks for the heads up & also thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

It didn’t, I’m saying no one can exactly be sure outside of maybe crowley and various other well known practitioners we know of, as some people might suggest random deceased people.

Papa Legba was known in Nigera, Benin, and Togo first, many of the Lwa started in west africa and were brought to other places during the slave trade.

So no you don’t need any initiation to work with him, @anon97554939 , myself, and many others have worked with Papa Legba without the need of initiation.

if you’re interested in papa legba yet not the folk magick aspect of it than I am confused because it seems like you are against the fact that the other aspect is religious but then you have a clear opening to work with him without the religious aspect…?

2 Likes

Yeah man. Someone should let them know they can’t choose me- my physical ancestry isn’t right and I don’t practice voodoo.

Samedis going to be real upset when he gets the news tho… might want to use a third party to get him thst message.

I swear I been saying similar things about Nigeria for … oh the entire time I’ve been here lol. They don’t listen to me either. (People)

Legba is the spiritual gate keeper, not man lmao.

That or Samedi and Kalfu and Damballah run around and recruiting people and they didn’t get approval from the gatekeeper to let them in…

2 Likes

Oh ok, my apologies for the miscommunication.

Is that so? Well, I’ve learned something new today

Yes, I don’t care for religion of any kind other than those who may consider Satanism a religion and also Paganism, however Hoodoo and Voodoo don’t really interest me.

I just wanted a method of how to call upon ancient witches and sorcerers that lived before me, not anyone or anything else - at least in relation to this question anyway.

As it is something not very talked about or focused on by many witches and occultists on this forum or others.

1 Like

Maybe @anon97554939’s servitor for contacting ancestral spirits might help, especially if an ancestor of yours was a witch. Beyond that, though, I’m really not sure. But I’m gonna leave the link here, nonetheless, it might help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I said gatekeeping, I am referring to those people all over social media platforms like Tik Tok, telling people what they can and can’t practice and trying to gatekeep things like herbs and calling on certain spirits and demons

I am not familiar with Samedi and Kalfu and Damballah, however yes I think we can both agree that lots of spirits run around doing as they please without approval :rofl: otherwise things like poltergeists wouldn’t exist

Well, ‘every little helps’ as the slogan goes for a very popular supermarket

I am not sure if my ancestors were witches or not, though I have my suspicions for my own reasons.

Thank you for sharing that with me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

Point was Voodoo is a religion and at the end of the day all religions, including those influenced by gods are still man made.

The spirits I named are three that I’m aware of, from Voodoo, who actively pursue working within competent operators regardless of the operators ancestry.

I was being sarcastic because if we choose to believe the man made religion, then these spirits associated with that religion don’t know man said they couldn’t recruit based on past life’s and an operators abilities.

How many branches of Christianity are their? Denominations I mean. They are not all super similar, from one to another sometimes all of what you’d call important differs so, which is right?

You could say all or none or whatever you want, but the differences come from man and how we interpret things and decided to do things, what we chose to believe-not necessarily gods themselves.

i’d agree, papa is a strong current for communication and understanding with ones ancestors. no initiations are ever needed to work with spirit, no matter what pantheon they are from. spirit decides for itself. i’ve connected with nordic/voodoo/ infernal/ and angelic spheres, take it with a grain of Black salt 🤌🏻🤟🏼. blessings 2 u

3 Likes

oh ok, yes religion is man made.

Oh ok those spirits are from Voodoo, nice to know.

Oh ok, I think the sarcasm must have totally gone over my head lol

Yeah I’d say there’s maybe like 5 main denominations of: So Christianity, Catholicism, Protestants, Methodists and Baptists.

I totally agree, however I feel like I have tendency to want to apply logic to everything and scan the internet for “proof” or some relevant information to back up the things I want to believe or that I perceive to be truthful.

1 Like

Pentecostal is another, uh did you mention Lutheran? There’s probably others I’m forgetting too lol. Doesn’t matter can’t see it since I’m on my phone, I wasn’t being sarcastic to be an ass- just to make a point and be funny while I did it lol.

There wouldn’t be so many branches of the same religions if we could all agree and all interpreted things the same way, and all held the same values is where I was going with that. Of course spirits can interact with people slightly different same as we would with family versus people we can’t stand- but that’s all subjective right?

So view what you read as mainstream voodoo requirements the same way. It’s subjective, it’s taught and it’s what they choose to believe based on what they’ve learned and studied and not even necessarily what they spirits have told them- we can all read the same sentence and take it different ways.

I get it. I know and agree with @anon48079295 saying that many Loa predated the religion of Voodoo because I spent nearly a year researching it.

I wanted to know why they wanted me when I’m the whitest chick ever. Then I remembered hey I’m native too, even if you can’t see it, so maybe when Voodoo came over some of the Natives learned about it and practiced it…

It came down to past lives and my potential as an operator, but the question lead me to old and obscure and Ancient Nigeria/Egypt times.

Another thing I see is people say if you practice Voodoo you can’t work with other spirits.

My experience is nah, not true. Samedi and Azazel get along etc and both go way back as far as years go. ( just an example)

1 Like

Damn it, I missed your sarcasm again :rofl:

I hate that some of us feel we can’t do certain things in our occult practices because of our race.

Yeah that’s a big deal breaker for me, I want the freedom to work with every and any spirit out there.

Also I associate a lot of closed practices with being aimed at heterosexual people, so that’s a big put off for me. I am yet to hear of an LGBT spirit or deity, though I know some goetic spirits have both male and female aspects for example

their are plenty of living things around you that will willingly share knowledge if given appropriate attention and met half way, dig a hole and light a candle then look into it while toning a mantra, sit on the edge of a river and gaze at its opposite shoreline. one of my personal favorites, follow the wind through the trees. all kinds of crazy things can be learned doing this.

3 Likes

Yup. I light candles all the time for them as I would my ancestors.

If you want a 3rd party introduction to them, you can always induct the help of Mephistopheles, Lilith or some spirit that is associated with magick. Hekate would be a great one.

I personally call them by their names and such.

On a technicality, I could argue the fact that Thor is one, considering he cross-dressed to steal mjolnir back. Or that Loki is “male” but births monsters, despite not being female. Or that Odin is a “masculine” deity but practices the feminine Seidr. Loki was a more obvious example but do you see what I am playing at here? They’re there, but for the ones that aren’t as obvious as Loki, it shows in subtleties.

I know people who practice in the Voodou houses, etc. A big reason? Because people are retarded and only bastardize and disrespect things, shortly put.

2 Likes

Sounds like… water scrying. I’m closest to the element water spiritually so that should be fun. Unfortunately I live in the suburbs and I can’t do this near a river as after maybe 10 minutes of being alone someone will walk past or come and bother me or just… exist. :rofl:maybe I could try this briefly, thanks for this.

Very interesting.

Someone else said that too, that I need a 3rd party introduction. I will definitely look into that as Hekate did call to me for some time, so I think she’d be willing to help me.

Oh? I wasn’t aware of that, I’ve never seen that mentioned anywhere, thanks for the info, I’m learning a lot from these responses.
Yes, I totally get what you mean.

I get that, a lot of people say that Hoodoo was bastardised and as a result lost its power because now “everyone” does it - I don’t.

Its not so much you need one (depending on where you are in your journey), its more of an option.

Not quite what I mean. Take Native American culture as an example. Historically speaking they got shat on by other cultures. Their traditions were outlawed by “American” government (despite the land was theirs before them) and just recently that embargo is being lifted (keep in mind I use recently, very loosely). So obviously to protect their traditions and values they’re going to propagate it amongst themselves and keep it to themselves, especially when you have a nosey man poking and prodding at what you hold sacred, misinterpreting it, and then displaying that disinformation as “Native American Shamanism and Culture”.

Then comes along the (no irritation held towards you) fucking new age mother fucker who randomly got crystals, sage, a drum and put a falcon feather in her hair and all the sudden is a shaman because she twerked on a stick and called it a totem pole.

^its that same idiocy, irreverence and disrespect that makes people keep it to themselves.

Truth be told, a spirit isn’t likely to work with someone who’s going to treat the traditions they come from like that anyways, because not only are you spitting on the culture it comes from but the spirits in it too.

Its also like Linda who goes to yoga class every Tuesday so her husband Clark can fuck her good after her stretches. Nothing wrong with that, up until Linda starts calling herself a Yogi when in reality she doesn’t really know much about yoga knowing full well its more than just stretching. It’s inauthentic.

Or the bitch who got a rune set from EBay, knows nothing about Northern tradition but calls herself a Völva.

That’s what I mean and unfortunately, Western culture is prone to those behaviors a lot, which is why they get red taped, for lack of a better term.

2 Likes

Check tumblr many LGBTQ tend to put certain Gods as “LGBTQ spirits/Deities” often times deities of love in various forms include lgbtq, or Gods who have often been said to take forms of either gender or cross dressed.

Even the whole of the Vanir can be seen as such given in old Norse while Seidr was mainly a female practice it was acceptable for gay or feminine men to do so.

It’s also theorized that each vanir specifically Freya, Freyr, Njord, and his sister/wife had their own specific forms of Seidr.

Freyr however a lot of what he was kind of was absorbed into Odin, we never hear of Freyr’s life and death aspect or his war aspect like we do in regards to his sister, even Njord is said to be the God of death, sea fearing, and the holy islands, and his wife/sister was often seen to have her own kind of wild hunt. (Went on a tangent but you see my point lmao)

1 Like