Is it bad if someone else touches your tarot or playing cards?

Since i do divination with my playing cards, i wondered before if anybody i know would end up seeing them at some point (i keep them hidden usually) and would want to use them for a game or something. How would this affect my cards energetically if that were to happen?

1 Like

Likely, not very much. I’ve used tarot in places for playing cards and did not notice any change. But keeping them hidden and only bringing them out for divination is a good mental que for you to help slip into the state of mind for divination. It is kinda a way of separating mundane and “sacred” time.

5 Likes

Not really bad, at-least if you know how to ground your tarot after each use or after it’s touched by someone.

1 Like

A good thing to do after someone has touched them, if that person was particularly negative, is to obtain a nice box to keep them in, and get some sea salt, and a black pouch or cloth to place them in. Take your cards, and shuffle until you feel like stopping. Then remove all the major arcana, shuffle those, then shuffle minor arcana. Place the major arcana on top of minor. Now shuffle thoroughly, literally until you get tired of it. Cut three times to the left and shuffle once more. Take cards and place inside black cloth. Sprinkle sea salt into box going in a circle clockwise. Then place cards into box and close lid. They will now be ready for use.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, but this is something else if someone does reading several time with your divination tools. I know that my grandfather had a problem with this after I used a lot his playing cards when I was a child, so, yes and no. Touching isn’t a problem, but exchanging energy with the cards is a problem… I guess :thinking:

1 Like

I had the same opinion, but I’ve noticed that when my mother shuffles them instead of me when I don’t want to affect the cards with my emotions for example, the deck remains unaffected after. Could be because it’s my mother, or because she doesn’t perform a whole reading but only shuffling. But depends how you do your readings. I don’t share with her the topic I want to see, and she doesn’t focus on a topic either, except my own name.

1 Like

The prophane has to be kept away from magical Instruments

1 Like

In my experience, it is rare for it to mess with your deck. When I do readings in person, I have the querent hold the deck, think about what they want to know, and then gently blow their breath into it before handing it back to me to shuffle.

However, I like sorting my cards after every reading and that cleanses them. If it’s feeling “off” after someone has touched it and I reordered, then I’ll pass them through sandalwood incense.

1 Like

Cleanse them if someone’s used them for a game. I’ve heard that you’re not supposed to use cards for something other than cartomancy if that’s what ur using it for

1 Like