Is Elubatel an angel or a demon?

Yes, I am sorry if I wasn’t clear, three Angels names. The other names of the Angels have many sources arguing among themselves where the other names came from first. Especially the last Angel has a lot of baggage associated with them.

Who knows. I’m over the dicotomies of angels and demons, and the good vs evil paradigm.

Who knows what these beings really are and what they were before the modern Abrahamic paradigm.

Archangel Michael is/was the underworld god Reshef later known as Mikal, but everyone swears he’s an angel.

In the evil eye Protection book by rabbi Ariel bar tzadock, he states in his belief system that the names of angels should be whispered and never said out loud, because countless spirits like demons/sheddim have the same name as angels and will intercept the call. So it’s not like angel names are exclusively for “angels” and they’re happy to help us. They have their jobs to do with maintaining harmony and cosmic order and what not.

1 Like

I have read several times this concept of being ‘an aspect of some entity’ and I don’t quite catch it :grinning: It sounds quite degrading to me. Is it like dividing a full entity in several parts or ‘aspects’ by changing its name?

Yes. That’s how the angels are literally seen as fragments of yhwh, and cultures like the Greeks did it with their gods with their epithets.

1 Like

Yeah, when it comes to talk about angels we usually go to Abrahamic religions and Hebrew names but knowledge about angels goes much further back in time.

I bet many names of entities are misspelled as a result of Hebrew being written with no vowels.

For instance, when we try to translate the name Elubatel to Hebrew we get ילובאטל according to Google, that means ‘Iloveatal’ re-translated to English. It sounds to me like ‘I love it all’, but it could be the ‘the loving one’, ‘the affectionated’. More than an angel name, it sounds like a nickname for one.

1 Like

It’s the idea that the organized consciousnesses we call spirits are so large in totality that we can only glimpse pieces of them that we then anthropomorphize into comprehendible aspects.

The name ARZEL comes from Enochian, and is derived from the Great Table of Earth. Through the experiences of magicians over the last hundred years or so, the name has become attached to that of the archangel Raziel. However, most of the angels worked with in the Enochian tradition are not connected to the traditional Hebrew archangels but are of their own separate realm.

2 Likes

Hey DarkestKnight :grinning:

Just a fast followup, I’m currently working with Arzel since I’m following a modified NAP system as part of my daily experimentations. I also added Elubatel because there is an incantation in NAP.

I don’t think is backfiring but I started to have weird bad dreams.

I’m getting some very mildly results with some of the incantions. :grinning: Old frater was into something.