Is drawing a sigil required or is printed sigil ok?

for doing this is it necessary that I have to draw out the sigil or is a printed sigil ok???

4 Likes

always should draw them its more personal however you could just use your phone and download the image…

6 Likes

You can print it. I’ve done that and just traced over it a little with black marker to also put my own energy into it. I usually try to draw myself though.

7 Likes

sigils aren’t that hard to draw some of them can be complex but I would always draw them out even if they look like shit :poop:

4 Likes

I have a lot of sigils I’ve printed and laminated. I will still draw depending on what I need. You can also trace with your finger as you open it.

I will always draw if I want to have a discussion however. Whatever works for you, try some things and see how it goes.

4 Likes

You can print to get started, but you have to trace to get anywhere with it. Sometimes I will print something in black and white and then trace out the key patterns in different colors of highlighter. Keeps the original structure visible but adds to it

2 Likes

Drawn works better than traced, traced works better than printed, printed works in a pinch…Though its really lazy in my opinion

1 Like

The artist in me thinks that’s so awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

People have had amazing experiences with printed sigils

3 Likes

I’ve had my strongest experiences with printed sigils and a good offering. I personally don’t think it makes a difference.

3 Likes

Honestly, it doesn’t matter if the seal is hand drawn, printed, or displayed on a cell phone screen. What matters is infusing your energy into it so you can connect with it. That is why drawing it is always recommended, or going over printed seals with black ink by hand, because the focus and concentration required to do so connects your energy with the seal.

I primarily hand draw my seals, but I have also used seals displayed on a cell phone screen in a pinch. I have found it much easier to connect with the hand drawn ones, but those displayed on the screen still opened fine, just not as fast as those I’ve drawn.

18 Likes

Very few things are required in magick.

1 Like

To be brutally honest, I have a thing for printing out sigils and charging them with my intention. Being an energy worker helps because I can direct a lot of energy into the sigil and make it more effective. This is handy, because I am one of the world’s worst artists, and even drawing the Sigil of Shazu from the Necronomicon is trying to me in the extreme.

But, the wonderful thing about magic, is that there are no true, hard rules. You can draw a simple triangle, and if you charge it with enough intention, will, and visualization, it will do the same thing as the most incredibly complex ritual Circle that you’ve ever seen. It’s all about the intention of the operator.

4 Likes

What are you using to draw the sigils before printing them? Ive been looking for a method to turn my drawn sigils into cleaner nearer versions, but have yet to find an app capable of doing it.

I trace then create their tribute card. Like baseball cards but i would never trade them evem for your soul!

My opinion on printed sigils…

It is a bit haphazard right now.

Also…

Also…

I can barely trace, much less draw.

3 Likes

I always draw. It takes way longer, (especially a complicated sigil) and definitely I’m not an artist, but I’m a bit old schooler, I strongly believe that whatever you make yourself is always better than something that someone else made. My sigils might not be perfect, but I’m sure my effort is appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

During the 16 day pact I made with King Paimon, I had to maintain his sigil on my hand, with my drawing skills, it looked…interesting…

I’m a hypnotist and an energy worker, not an artist.

1 Like

I’m not an artist either, but sadly that’s how I learned to practise my magic and that’s how I continue, cause I’ve seen the difference. My first deck was fully handmade. Fully. Handmade. Was it awful? Yea most likely! Did it worked? Way better than any other I bought later. When you spend time to craft something, you place some of your energy and intention into it. So when I finished my deck, it was fully charged already. But by all means, each one feels different and has his own way of practising so if it works for you then that’s what matters.

1 Like

Oh, no, I fully understand, I was just talking about my own practice, not criticizing yours. A fully handmade deck sound incredibly powerful.

1 Like