Is becoming a magician and having occult beliefs schizophrenia?

What it takes to be a productive member of society in this thread is pretty subjective. People can pay bills and not have a job. Just because they can fake it, it doesn’t mean they’re making it. :joy:

1 Like

Robbing graves is not required for possession. I even considered going the “pet semitary” route, but it wasn’t at all necessary

I think the main problem is in the “turning it off” and also the whole “word salad and thought process issues that go along with that disorder”.

Some people still haven’t gotten over DSM-IV and think that that disorders in there are some kind of identity they can play identity politics with and speculate about diagnosis for various historical figures. For instance, someone recently speculated that Aliester Crowley had Aspergers Disorder. I think such labels are pointless and don’t tell you anything useful. It would be better to compare the works of Ron L. Hubbard and Scientology to the system of the Grimoirum Verum, and compare them both to Freemasonry, and Wicca. You would get more useful information out of that.

You should read the legends about corn and the Native Americans. They are pretty explicit about the connection.

2 Likes

Seeing and hearing things is one possible symptom of schizophrenia.

Being socially isolated is one possible symptom of schizophrenia, but a LOT of people without schizophrenia are socially isolated.

Not bathing is one possible symptom of schizophrenia, but a LOT of people without schizophrenia also don’t bathe.

Have you heard of “word salad”? It’s a symptom of schizophrenia. It’s also a symptom of stroke and dementia.

I agree. I was referring to what modern grimoires say people should do. It’s like the majority of shit people put in grimoires these days are a work of fiction. Lol