Is Azazel the same being as Shamash/Utu

Shamash/Utu the Sumerian/Babylonian God of justice and vengeance? some people say this is true.

3 Likes

Shamash is a sun god. The answer is an unequivocal “no”.

1 Like

Shamash is “Sun” in Akkadian and Shemesh is “Sun” in Hebrew.

1 Like

Some people say the earth is flat. In one sense such beings would be completely at odds with one another:

“Azazel” is associated with the Saturnine sphere and its current. In my experience, the “Azazel” I met through EA’s work is identical with the “Satan” of the Goetic tradition: a black angel whose animal manifestation is as a shadowy goat. His are the mysteries of materialisation (hence the focus of EA’s book) and he is because of this, among other things, the tempter in the wilderness and an angel of material death.

2 Likes

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:4, topic:3153”]Some people say the earth is flat. In one sense such beings would be completely at odds with one another:

“Azazel” is associated with the Saturnine sphere and its current. In my experience, the “Azazel” I met through EA’s work is identical with the “Satan” of the Goetic tradition: a black angel whose animal manifestation is as a shadowy goat. His are the mysteries of materialisation (hence the focus of EA’s book) and he is because of this, among other things, the tempter in the wilderness and an angel of material death.[/quote]

Very nice, Poete! You seem to have done your homework pretty good. What do you think of the other angels mentioned in the Book of Enoch, specifically Aziel/Azael, Azza and Uzza? Also, have you noticed how Azazel is connected to Gadreel, by the description of what they teach?

Since you equate Azazel with the Goetic Satan, what do you think of Satanail/Satanael? This would be a more resonant name, as presented in the Book of the Secrets of Enoch, than simply Satan. Also, what do you think of Adoil as the one who exploded to form Light? Would you think Adoil is the original Lucifer? Archas would be the one who primordially represented Darkness. Do you think there is a connection between him and Satanail?

I’d like to know what you think about these.

1 Like

Ah and do you think there is a connection between Samael and Satanail? The Book of Enoch clearly says they are different:

Why are they called Seraphim? Because they burn (saraph) the writing tables of Satan : Every day Satan is sitting, together with SAMMAEL, the Prince of Rome, and with DUBBIEL, the Prince of Persia

1 Like

[quote=“Insiomis, post:5, topic:3153”][quote=“Poete Maudit, post:4, topic:3153”]Some people say the earth is flat. In one sense such beings would be completely at odds with one another:

“Azazel” is associated with the Saturnine sphere and its current. In my experience, the “Azazel” I met through EA’s work is identical with the “Satan” of the Goetic tradition: a black angel whose animal manifestation is as a shadowy goat. His are the mysteries of materialisation (hence the focus of EA’s book) and he is because of this, among other things, the tempter in the wilderness and an angel of material death.[/quote]

Very nice, Poete! You seem to have done your homework pretty good. What do you think of the other angels mentioned in the Book of Enoch, specifically Aziel/Azael, Azza and Uzza? Also, have you noticed how Azazel is connected to Gadreel, by the description of what they teach?

Since you equate Azazel with the Goetic Satan, what do you think of Satanail/Satanael? This would be a more resonant name, as presented in the Book of the Secrets of Enoch, than simply Satan. Also, what do you think of Adoil as the one who exploded to form Light? Would you think Adoil is the original Lucifer? Archas would be the one who primordially represented Darkness. Do you think there is a connection between him and Satanail?

I’d like to know what you think about these.[/quote]

Hi Insiomis. The problem is you’re asking me to comment on things in which I truly have nearly absolute zero belief. My world-view and my tradition cannot be traced back to Hebrew mysticism and legend. Rather, the latter are in my experience invariably distortions of knowledge from surrounding Chaldean, Persian and Greek tradition. It would be an absolute nightmare trying to reconcile all these ideas to one another just to bring them in alignment with a belief system in which I place no special stead.

If you want an original Lucifer, then look at

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phanes_%28mythology%29]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phanes_(mythology)[/url]

Lucifer is what in the Hermetic tradition is the manifested mode of God called the self-begotten (the logos or demiurge that formed the cosmos), as opposed to the unmanifest unbegotten (God per se) and the begotten (the divine spirit of God in man). This is the true trinity of God, Christ, and Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Understood.

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:7, topic:3153”]If you want an original Lucifer, then look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phanes_(mythology)

Lucifer is what in the Hermetic tradition is the manifested mode of God called the self-begotten (the logos or demiurge that formed the cosmos), as opposed to the unmanifest unbegotten (God per se) and the begotten (the divine spirit of God in man). This is the true trinity of God, Christ, and Holy Spirit.[/quote]

What do you think of the concept of Lucifer as the higher self of man and also a demon and an angel at the same time? Why a demon and an angel? Because I consider Lucifer to be the first manifestation of God into form and a demon and an angel because without duality there would be no possibility to make choices.

Understood.

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:7, topic:3153”]If you want an original Lucifer, then look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phanes_(mythology)

Lucifer is what in the Hermetic tradition is the manifested mode of God called the self-begotten (the logos or demiurge that formed the cosmos), as opposed to the unmanifest unbegotten (God per se) and the begotten (the divine spirit of God in man). This is the true trinity of God, Christ, and Holy Spirit.[/quote]

What do you think of the concept of Lucifer as the higher self of man and also a demon and an angel at the same time? Why a demon and an angel? Because I consider Lucifer to be the first manifestation of God into form and a demon and an angel because without duality there would be no possibility to make choices.[/quote]

I use whatever concept I am actually trying to evoke in the working. I assign all other potential concepts as meaningless in the meantime. You choose the manifestation, and you evoke based largely on what you expect.

You can see a dozen different forms of Lucifer of every description that largely mirrors the obvious preconceptions of those who meet him.

Spirit will reflect, that which you bring it.

What you bring to this path working, is largely what you will get out of it.

If you want the most out of your ritual, bring an open mind, assume the entity to be benevolent and call upon it’s benevolent qualities.

For example:

One time I got lost in Europe, and I got so far in my “urban exploring”, I had lost all land marks, and it was late at night. I got chased across town, in places there weren’t police.

When I had nothing to guide me in the complete darkness of night, I called upon a guide of “illumination” that would perhaps guide me better than any. Lucifer himself. After a decent period of time, following the paths he was guiding me to take through the winding cobblestone streets, I found my way back SAFELY to a part of town that had a landmark I recognized after several miles.

Plus, when I looked at the route he gave me when I got a map, it was perhaps a lot better than the one I was willing to take, and a lot safer than the way I got lost which did not appear to be an option to return.

Either way, that’s what I asked for, that’s what I expected, and most importantly for some, that’s what I got.

In any case, you should remember one thing.

You are already God,
-Frater Apotheosis

I like to think more broadly. Satan to me is a perfect representation of elder spirit who is deeply schooled in both right and left handed path ideologies. He has spent thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives both as a spirit guide and as an incarnate being. Keep in mind that Satan’s prime soul also has legions of souls both incarnate and discarnate as is true for all of us. We may actually be a close relative to Satan himself through prime soul ties. This is literally why we are all Gods in our own right. We are energetic beings living a physical experience.

Almost all deities that seem similar are actually different. Hekate is one of the few who I know makes up several beings. But Woden and Odin, different guy, different language

1 Like

@Purple this is what you ment i assume

Yes.

1 Like