Invoking the elements

Does anyone know of any elemental rituals or invocations? I’ve tried meditating in my temple invisioning the room full of an element I want to work with then with each breath imagine the element filling my body untill the room is empty.Other than this I’m at a loss.I want to put the elements in my life in a productive way.Any info would be appreciated.

1 Like

as i remember, Jason Augustus Newcomb has a system of gazing into elemental symbol, while sniffing the proper essential oil

i just can’t find that anywhere :S

Any book on Hermetics will show you how to work with the elements. Jason Augustus Newcomb’s New Hermetics is one of the easiest. You could also evoke the Elemental kings and ask them to teach you to master their element. They will provide you with meditations and rituals to help you.

1 Like

I can’t evoke yet.When I can I deffinently will work with the Kings.

How do you want to use the Elements in your life, if you don’t mind me asking? Breathing each element will show you the effects each will cause. Instead of meditating on the element and then breathing it back out (I believe that is the method EA describes in the BALG e-book) try pore breathing the element and making it a part of you, then go about your daily life. If you do this every day for a week, you will see some interesting results. Do this with one element a week only. One of the things you can try is to impregnate a room with an element and watch how people react to it. You can also make elemental servitors with the elemental energy you are breathing in. There are many things you can try.

A website called ‘Sacred Magick’ has a library that you can download books from. They got a huge list.
Franz Bardon has a book ‘Initiation to Hermetics’ that you can download. It gives a lot of techniques including element breathing. Also, another book called ‘Elemental Magic’ has some techniques with the elements. The Joy of Satan site has a power meditation section with these and other techniques. I think they got the elements techniques from Franz Bardon.
Anyway, the earth element is said to make you feel heavy, dense. The water element is supposed to make you feel cold, fire makes you hot, and air makes you feel light like you are floating. The quintessence is supposed to make you feel warm. The quintessence is supposed to be imagined as ‘black lights’. You can type in black light on the web and they will show you examples of this.
I am not saying that the above is the ‘correct’ way. This is what they teach. Maybe it will help.

or=DarkestKnight link=topic=2046.msg25571#msg25571 date=1383918684]
How do you want to use the Elements in your life, if you don’t mind me asking? Breathing each element will show you the effects each will cause. Instead of meditating on the element and then breathing it back out (I believe that is the method EA describes in the BALG e-book) try pore breathing the element and making it a part of you, then go about your daily life. If you do this every day for a week, you will see some interesting results. Do this with one element a week only. One of the things you can try is to impregnate a room with an element and watch how people react to it. You can also make elemental servitors with the elemental energy you are breathing in. There are many things you can try.
[/quote]

I just want the experience of what the elements have to offer really.And I want to learn how to use them in majick.

I’ve done the air element from Bardon’s book. I felt like I was about to float off my chair, it was a great feeling.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:7, topic:2000”]or=DarkestKnight link=topic=2046.msg25571#msg25571 date=1383918684]
How do you want to use the Elements in your life, if you don’t mind me asking? Breathing each element will show you the effects each will cause. Instead of meditating on the element and then breathing it back out (I believe that is the method EA describes in the BALG e-book) try pore breathing the element and making it a part of you, then go about your daily life. If you do this every day for a week, you will see some interesting results. Do this with one element a week only. One of the things you can try is to impregnate a room with an element and watch how people react to it. You can also make elemental servitors with the elemental energy you are breathing in. There are many things you can try.[/quote]

I just want the experience of what the elements have to offer really.And I want to learn how to use them in majick.
[/quote]

Try the exercise I mentioned. Take the element into yourself and make note how it affects you and your life. It will give you a hint as to what uses they can be put to. For example, breathe in Fire every day for a week, and you should find yourself becoming more aggressive, and short tempered, and lusty, as well as bursting with energy, as Fire is the element of action. The next week, breathe in the energy of Water, the opposite of Fire and you’ll find yourself becoming calm, and peaceful, and empathetic, as Water is the element of the emotions.

I’m kind of a short tempered guy to begin with.Being a single dad raising a 10y.old girl comes with alot of stress.Would it maybe be better to start with water first?

Start with whatever element you want to learn about. If you are already short tempered, then maybe Earth would be better, since it is the element of grounding and stability. Just be sure that you spend a week with each one so you don’t create an elemental imbalance in yourself.

Should I be casting banishing pentagrams of the elements I need to tone down?I did a tarot reading earlier where I think the Emporer was meant to symbolize me being hot headed…Not to mention the knight of disks,but I don’t know which aspect of the card refered to me.(I’ve just started tarot a couple days ago)

In my opinion, when breathing the elements, you do not need to banish anything, since you are taking the elements into yourself to learn about them. As long as you follow through with all four, they will naturally balance themselves.

There’s a thing where you meditate on the aspects of the elements within your own body, and then within functions of your body, so if you have any illnesses you merge and converse etc with the element that’s causing the problem, eg if someone had chronic bronchitis they’d merge/converse with the elements of water, earth in their lungs, to see why they’re causing phlegm build-ups, or fire and air to see why they’re under-performing.

I’m not mad for it but that’s because when I learned it, it came from the RHP paradigm where the Mighty Sprits of Fire, Earth, Water and Safeway - oh, sorry, Air - are all bumping about ye poor hapless human like the idiotic ball on a pool table, eager to show that the punter needs to be more humble, detached and ideally buy the tutor’s books etc, but it can be interesting and valuable if done from the right mindset.

IMO and with great respect (single parenthood isn’t easy, I know that) you need to work out what the reason is that you attracted/manifested/manufactured any particular situation and your natural responses to it into your life, and what element you need to strengthen in order to sail above it, and not piss about trying to “banish” a cornerstone element that you (as the All) made, when you created it as a part of the harmony of your life.

I’m massively “out of balance” elementally towards one particular element (astrologically and in terms of ayurveda) but when I stopped accepting any concept of being the hapless pawn of outside forces, I saw how it was my kind of “superpower” and since then put it to very good use.

The concept of “balance” ultimately just means non-differentiated - equal in all aspects, excelling in none, yuck - and that rote grey moderated existance isn’t why the Source chose to spit you forth into glory and birth, so you could be “okay” and “fine” and stuff like that!

You were born to explore every aspect and extreme and to overcome them by accepting them, harnessing them, and using them - not “banishing” anything like it’s able to somehow overpower You.

JMO. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Musta Krackish i found that pdf file on elements from J.A.Newcomb. Pm me your email so i can send it to you.