Invoking Goddess Isis (Aset) - Lots of info

I’ve been very vocal and honest in my work with Goddess Isis (Aset). I have not wanted to post my workings with her, for fear of my work and insights being stolen.

Goddess Aset has given me the courage to step forward to reveal am inner-working of my spirit that needs to come out. At the start of my journey, I have had people laugh or question my entire pathworking.

While it is not the time to spill that can of worms, it is time to spill the beans of Goddess Isis. Between Beliel and Goddess Aset, I’ve come to know what I want in my own human experience.

Isis, Egyptian Aset or Eset, one of the most important goddessesof ancient Egypt. Her name is the Greek form of an ancient Egyptian word for “throne". (Forgot Source)

Isis was very important to the ancient Egyptians because she had so many different powers. She was both the protector of women and the bringer of magic. Isis began as a secondary figure to her husband Osiris, however after thousands of years of worship, she was transformed into the Queen of the Universe and the embodiment of Cosmic order. By the Roman period, she was believed to control the power of fate itself. (Source)

The Secret Names of Isis

• Lou LouLou
  • Batharthar
  • Tharêsibath
  • Atherneklêsich
  • Athernebouni
  • Êichomô
  • Chomôthi
  • Isis Sothis
  • Souêri
  • Bubastis
  • Eurelibât
  • Chamari
  • Neboutos
  • Ouêri
  • Aie
  • Eoa
  • Oai
  • Asao
  • Eio
  • Nisaôth
  • Nemesis
  • Adrasteia

Qabalists will be interested to note that there are 22 magical names of Isis in this formula. (The other names are names of Thoth.) But I’d like to narrow down the list a bit for the sake of compactness and magical wield-yness. So I’ll remove Isis Sothis since its a fairly commonly known epithet of the Goddess. I’ll remove Nemesis and Adrasteia as well; these are Greek Goddess names that were applied to Isis in Her role as Justice Bringer. (Nemesis is a Goddess of retribution, especially Divine retribution, and Adrasteia’s name means “Inescapable.”) Neboutos may be a corruption of Nebetho or Nephthys, and though She is Isis’ twin, let’s remove that name for now. Athernebouni might (just a guess) also refer to Nephthys, but since it’s clearly parallel with Atherneklêsich, let’s leave it in. Bubastis is Bast, a Goddess in Her own right, so let’s let Her go Her own way. And finally, I think that Aie, Eoa, Oai, and maybe Asao and Eio, are magical permutations of (mostly) vowels rather than names. Wonderful, beautiful, and magical, such permutations are definitely part of Egyptian magic, but I won’t count them as names of Isis in this case.

That leaves 12 names of the Goddess, a number that inevitably reminds me of the Egyptian 12 Hours of the Night (and it would have to be of the night rather than the day, for these are mysterious names of the Goddess):

• Lou LouLou
  • Batharthar
  • Tharêsibath
  • Atherneklêsich
  • Athernebouni
  • Êichomô
  • Chomôthi
  • Souêri
  • Eurelibât
  • Chamari
  • Ouêri
  • Nisaôth

The only ones of these names about which I can even guess are Souêri and Ouêri. I think both are corruptions or mis-hearings of Weret, “The Great One,” which was certainly an epithet of the Great Goddess Isis. (Source)

Her compassion, love, and tenderness have made her especially dear to women throughout time. As the protector of women, Isis helped women in childbirth and comforted women when their loved ones died. She shows us that women have great reservoirs of strength and inspiration.

Isis reconnects us with our innate healing powers, and so is beloved by healers. She supports everyone’s quest to reclaim their individual power and take responsibility for their healing journey. She shows us our ability to heal ourselves and to heal others. Isis can help to awaken your healing abilities and healing intuition, your ability to communicate with the physical body and to intuit any needs you may have for healing. She empowers you to use the healing power of love and gratitude and to raise the energy level of the physical body by connecting to Source. (Source)

I

ISIS CORRESPONDENCES

ORIGIN: Egypt

Isis may be the most well-known and respected Goddess on Earth. She was venerated in Egypt for thousands of years, and so beloved was She that her worship spread throughout Western Asia and Europe as far as the Thames River in England.

FAVORED PEOPLE: Everyone, but especially women, single mothers, orphans, occultists and mariners.

MANIFESTATION: Isis may take any form She chooses, some more common manifestations include a cow, swallow, beautiful queen, a pregnant woman, or a woman devastated by despair and grief.

ICONOGRAPHY: Isis is portrayed in many forms:

• Traditional images of Isis are a prototype for the modern Madonna and child.
  • A woman carved in black stone holding a nursing baby to Her breast.
  • Isis wears a crown topped by a throne, or a crown of horns cradling the Full Moon
  • The Louvre in Paris has a terra-cotta image of Isis weeping for Her true love Osiris.

SPIRIT ALLIES: Anubis, Nephthys, Heket, Min, Bes, Khunum, Selket and the Scorpion Guardians.

EMBLEM: The tyet amulet, also known as the Buckle of Isis or Blood of Isis is a protective amulet usually formed from carnelian or red glass.

Colours: Silver, white

ELEMENT: Water

HERBS: Vervain, myrrh tree, fig

MINERAL: Bloodstone

METAL: Gold

SACRED ANIMALS: Snakes, cows, crocodiles, scorpions, kites, swallows

PLANET: Moon

CONSTELLATION: Virgo

STAR: Sirius

SACRED SITE: It is thought that the name Paris is derived from Par-Isis. In Roman times Isis had a temple at the western limits of the city, on the Left Bank of the Seine. The churches of Saint Sulpice and Saint Germain-des-Pres are built over sites once dedicated to Isis.

OFFERINGS: Milk, honey, flowers, incense and candles.

(Source)

Why does she have wings?

The first and easiest answer is that Isis is a Bird Goddess. Her most important sacred animal is a bird of prey. The Goddess often takes the form of Her sacred raptor; the kestrel (the most common falcon in Egypt) or the black kite.

In Egyptian art, when Isis and Nephthys are not shown as women, They are shown in full bird-form or sometimes as woman-headed kites or kestrels sitting or hovering by the bier of Osiris. As birds, Isis and Nephthys mourn Osiris, screeching Their shrill bird cries to express Their sorrow. Even quite late, Isis and Nephthys were shown with wings attached to Their arms—which is the way we are most used to seeing Isis’ wings portrayed—or wearing a garment of stylized wings that wrap gracefully around Their bodies.

Kites were connected with funeral customs from at least the beginning of the Old Kingdom, if not earlier. Texts speak of a woman called The Kite who was the Pharaoh’s chief female funerary attendant. She was supposed to remove poisons from the deceased, magically purifying him. (Source)

The Black Kite

This is my personal bird

Black Kite, near Quinto, 17-May-13 (2) (1)

16 Likes

I absolutely love working with Isis. She has helped me through grief, and has been a wonderful protector, both of myself and my family. I’m going to share a good example here.

One time my dad was working on getting an old van running. A day where he and my mother were out of the house i got inside the van with a (makeshift) athame and protection powder i made. I called her to me, and i asked that she shield the vehicle and my dad with her wings, and always keep both my dad and the van safe. I sprinkled some powder by all the doors.

A few months later my dad was going to drive off to work in it. My place has a very steep hill to drive up on, and he parked the van at the top. He got out for a sec and got behind it. As soon as he did, the brake gave way and the van began to roll. He got out the way but tried to get in but instead started getting somewhat dragged trying to hang on all the way down. The van flew down but then suddenly it was like someone inside grabbed the wheel and quickly turned the vehicle. The van ran into a dead tree, knocking it down.

My dad was safe, only had a few scratches and a pounding heart. The van only had a few dents, no broken glass or heavy damage, and still takes him to work every day. Easily the van could have smashed into a live tree and be totaled, or my dad would have gotten run over or pinned. I know isis was watching over and somehow made good luck shine through the bad.

8 Likes

Great post @jennaelizabeth!! You gave goosebumps and encouraged me to start working with her!
Thank you for sharing :butterfly::butterfly:

2 Likes

Lady, you truly be on it. I respect your work so much. Thanks for the insight. I need to talk to her. Hopefully add some Aset energy to my path.

1 Like

Lsis or Isis

@Shewhowanders13, she’s amazing with the human experience. :blush: Very loving and gentle as well.

Her Greek name is Goddess Isis and her Egyptian name is Goddess Aset.

@Dimitra, she’s amazing to work with. :blush:

1 Like

Whoa! Glad your Dad was okay! :heart::blush::heart: Thanks so much for sharing your experience with Goddess Isis.

1 Like

This is a great post.

1 Like

Before I go deeper into the seven scorpions and Goddess Isis, read the spiritual meaning of this small, brilliant creature.

Scorpion Animal Totem Symbolism & Meanings

Scorpions are often thought of as formidable, intimidating creatures, prompting people to assume that they are a negative symbol or bad omen.

In order to see the true animal totem symbolism of the scorpion, we must accept its complexity and appreciate its beauty. After moving past the initial harshness of its appearance, we can delve into its deeper meanings and find common ground between their lives and our own.

With a multitude of symbolic meanings such as sex, domination, changes, death, passion, betrayal, defensiveness, and isolation, it seems impossible that each person cannot find ways to take spiritual messages from the lives of scorpions.

Scorpion Associated Traits

Passionate, Dominating, Sexual, Rebirth, Defensive, Ardent, Tansformation

scorpion

Symbolic Meaning Of Scorpion

One of the most important spiritual meanings that scorpions convey is that of isolation. They are quite solitary creatures by nature, only interacting with others sporadically and on rare occasions.

This characteristic is present even in the early stages of motherhood. Once offspring are born, scorpion mothers carry them on their backs until the babies shed their first exoskeletons.

After this, all the babies leave the mother, venturing off into the world on their own, never to return. This perfectly exemplifies the continual process of engaging in intense relationships followed by a sudden and extensive period of isolation.

In some cultures and belief systems, such as that of the ancient Egyptians, the scorpion was the preeminent symbol of darkness and evil. Greco-Roman mythology also tells the tale of Artemis using a scorpion as a weapon, stinging Orion’s foot and causing his death.

In modern times, the interpretation is slightly more evolved and much less intimidating. The energy of the scorpion involves the fusing of life and death. Death is a necessity for rebirth, an event that is crucial to the continuation of the life cycle.

Although this does not refer to the actual death of a person, change must be proceeded by death. Rebirth can be applied to a variety of factors, from relationships with the self and others to ideas and beliefs. On a large scale, rebirth means a complete change in one’s way of life.

A scorpion symbol may cross your path in a dream or in reality, depending on where you live. The scorpion promises a transformation, but it is up to you to determine whether the change is a chaotic or calm one.

The scorpion is most relevant to strong individuals who have the ability to inspire passion but typically withhold and conceal it for long periods of time. Because of this, scorpions are often thought of as representing sexual needs and desires.

The scorpion secures a mate by performing a sexually charged yet meticulously controlled dance for another. After spending extended periods in solitude, scorpion implicate themselves in intense and passionate relationships.

Caution must be exercised when engaging in such ardent affairs. You must control your passions or they will consume you. In this sense, the protective and defensive nature of the scorpion is also demonstrated symbolically.

A mere glance at their physique immediately conveys a threatening message, with a hard, protective exoskeleton assuming an attacking stance. If this is not enough, consider the dangerous numbing venom that runs through their bodies.

A single sting leaves the scorpion’s attacker or prey paralyzed, allowing it to either escape or feast. With the help of the scorpion animal totem, we are empowered to protect and defend ourselves. We can stand up for what we believe is right and not allowing anyone to walk all over us.

For our purposes, it is best to accept the scorpion as a symbol of protection, rather than as a dark and foreboding omen. Just as the Samaritans believed it to be a sign that should inspire a protective nature, so too should we.

The scorpion symbolism calls us to focus on our own vulnerabilities and what needs protecting in our lives. At the same time, it also asks us to consider situations in which we are being overprotective and overly defensive.

It prompts us to be honest and courageous so that we can form a perfect balance within ourselves, being neither overly defensive nor reckless.

See Also:

Source

For I long to be the full embodiment of her.

Healing With Goddess Isis

7 Likes