Introduction

Okie dokie, hello?!
I’m Winston and I am completely new to magick of all kinds. Not that I haven’t intermittently attempted here and there, to absolutely no results–but that was over the course of my teens, from random unverified resources from just anywhere on the net.
More broadly, I’ve always been fascinated by the occult and magick, though I admit that I am more spiritual without committing to any idea of concrete entities, if that makes sense? I absolutely believe in the accessibility of the unknown, but to me that’s what makes it powerful. We don’t know. Particularly, I’m uncertain of the power of biblical demons (I’ve always been skeptical of anything biblical just because it doesn’t align with my world view), though I do see lots of folks have success in that vein. I have recently read the Goetia, but again it has me troubled over this.
Sorry if this is getting lengthy, but I want to be as in depth as possible. I’ve also never been very sensitive at all to the preternatural, despite my active efforts to experience such things. I have had only success with one entity, and that was (and still is) Zozo, through a ouija board I made. Zozo is actually the only entity I can contact through ouija boards. Maybe that means something, I dunno. Beyond that, I haven’t experienced any physical phenomena and it’s quite sad.
On the note of my spirituality, what most appeals to me is the idea of Old Gods or Outer Gods, along the lines of HP Lovecraft’s fiction. I can firmly get behind that possibility because it is, by nature, unknowable. And dark and frightening and humbling, and I dig that.
In closing, I don’t know where to even begin with magick. Bottom line is, I want to be more sensitive to the preternatural (that is, sensitive AT ALL), and try to experience the unknown for real. Life is too boring and painful as it is.

2 Likes

lets start you off shall we? My name is Nolan, and I have been a practitioner of omnist (all types of magick) magick for the majority of my life. I’ve initiated several into this lifestyle and this science.

Feel free to message me about anything you want to know! i’m also willing to teach you up to intermediate levels. We’re glad you’re here!!!

Hello! :smiley:

Try this to begin with, it’s not Lovcecraftian, but you could probably adapt it:

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be anymore Winston. You have the power to change all of that. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. As you’ve seen from the members above me, we’re an inviting, and friendly group of people, and can help you in any way we can. Please use the search function if you have a question or would like to learn more, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to start a topic of your own. :hibiscus:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! We’re glad to have you!

Welcome @michitex :blush:

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hey, Winston, welcome to the forum. I’m glad you made it.

Hi and welcome to BALG.
Winston, eh?
Hard to think about anything else but a gorilla scientist due to a certain game I play.