Introduction!

Hey everyone! My name’s Rickie. :v:

I’m here mostly because I’m interested in having a place to ask questions and make new acquaintances as I start to really dive into the practical side of my spiritual journey. I’ve been deeply interested in the occult since a very young age thanks to my mother having the same sort of interests I suppose. She always had plenty of grimoires and other interesting texts that I took a shining to. In general I’ve had a fair amount of strange encounters with otherworldly things in my life and would consider myself pretty intuitive. A BA degree in a weird mesh of philosophy, the history of math science, and music really has only furthered my interest in the universe and how we can influence and interact with it.

A few years back I got my first tarot deck, the Thoth deck. I picked it up quickly and I now have two more decks: a Rider-Waite style deck and an Enochian deck. I think as a current goal I want to work on expanding and fine tuning my divination abilities which I feel come particularly naturally to me. I also come from somewhere with a lot of natural and strange energy, and I’d like to perhaps begin working with those energies.

I’m currently working my way through Franz Bardon’s Initiation into Hermetics and have a few more of his works I’d like to read as well! Some other particular areas of interest for me are Solomonic magic, Enochian magic, Kabbalah, and Gnosticism.

I’m always looking for a good conversation, so don’t hesitate to message me! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Salute you my friend :smiley: Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome @rickie360

How long have you been practicing?

Oh gosh, my practicing has been all over the place if I think back to my early and mid teens. :joy: But really, I’ve been practicing tarot for about 4 years now! Only in the past year or so have I been starting to branch out into other divination methods like pendulums and scrying in mirrors. I plan to make myself a set of runes this summer if I can. I also on and off have tried my hand at astral projection, dream related work, and kundalini meditations over the past few years. It’s also been in the past year or year and a half that I’ve been attempting to communicate with spirits. Though I’m interested in starting to work with spirits, I think I have a bit of work to do before attempting any actual evocations!

1 Like