Introduction + Where to start?

I have read a few grimoires, but I want to start now. The problem is my parents are Christian and I can’t do Magick at home. There is a big park with a creek in it, and a lot of trees, but it is still a public place. Any suggestions? Where I can set up a temple?

Thanks

Welcome @Throwawayaccount It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have.

Where are you from?

Do you have any experience in magick at all?

If so, what have you practiced and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

This is important information to include in your introduction.

My name is Mario, I am from Garland, Texas, USA. I have not used Magick yet. I have read 5 grimoires out of the 8 occult classics from EA koetting. I am interested in Evocation, baneful Magick, and candle Magick.

2 Likes

I would explore candle magic and meditation to start off, as it is a good way to build basic skills while not attracting much undesired attention.

1 Like

Do you think it can be done in a public park, with a lot of trees in it??

Thank you for elucidating more upon your introduction, and again, welcome to the forum. We have many great beginner tutorials here you can check out:

I agree with @Dralukmun and would include Spare-style sigil magick as well. Easy technique to do, and can easily be disguised as something else.

1 Like

As long as you clear away flammable brush and place it on something like a large stone, it should not be a problem depending on local laws. Or you can do it in your room using a scented candle so you can use the smell as a reason if your parents allow that.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

No problem at all

What is spare style Sigil magick?

It is a technique where you take a statement of intent, remove any repeating letters, and then turn the remaining letters into a stylised glyph, which you then fire off in an altered state of consciousness.

What would that altered state of consciousness be, and how can I get there?and can candle magick be done during the daytime?

An altered state of consciousness is just that, an altered state of consciousness. It’s also known as trance.

And there are probably a million and one ways to get there. If you have ever zoned out while watching TV, or listening to a boring lecture in school, then you have experienced an altered state of consciousness.

Candle magick can be done at any time, day or night.

2 Likes

Thank you This has helped me so much

1 Like

If you want some simple ways to enter trance, just type in “trancework” into the search function in the upper right. I did a tutorial on some methods you can practice.

1 Like

Thank you, I will, I am about to look at those tutorials. I appreciate it

1 Like