Introduction - Shane

Hi, I’m Shane.

I’ve been reading about magical ideas for the past 5 years but didn’t actually work up the nerve to practice anything until about 6 months ago. I started with invocation and sigils, both of which had such astonishing results that I wondered why I didn’t start sooner - but I suppose it was probably just the perfect time.

My life started to arrange itself in such a way that subconscious desires began fulfilling themselves - things I didn’t even know I wanted fell into my lap.

I’m right now in such an incredibly early stage, that I’m just trying to make my situation in life better, learn more, and achieve great success in my artistic and business areas of interest. I’ll figure out what I want to do from there.

Some of my magick influences, as of now, would probably be Novalis, Spare, Carroll, the Ur Group, Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu, Burroughs, Blake and others.

I’m especially interested in matchmaking, cultivating different personalities, sigils, invocation and just making things occur.

I’m only a few years ahead of having thought that magick was ridiculous. My interest in it began as an intellectual gesture, but I now see it as an inevitable view of things that will inform everything else, rather than just one of the things that I do.

Besides my wife, who practiced Wicca when she was younger, I’ve had absolutely no group dialogue or conversation on this subject with anyone and am eager to learn and grow in ways I feel i couldn’t alone.

1 Like

Greetings and welcome to BALG.

Thanks for the great intro. If you have questions with your quest for knowledge check out the sites search engine at the upper right and the magnifying glass :mag_right:. You will find the answer.

!Awesome, thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.