Introducing myself

Hello,

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the group. I’ve been on a quest for knowledge, understanding and now power for the last two years. I was completely content with being agnostic and denying the spiritual realm, except for the pesky problem of constantly standing up from my body and wandering around the house. Eventually I had a spirit manifest himself to me in a physical, visible and audible form standing next to my bed with a guitar and playing old country songs. (I hate country music btw). He wouldn’t leave until I finally acknowledged him.

Since then it’s been a daily routine of meditation, reading, astral travel ect. I eventually came across an interview with Eric a couple months ago. Since then I’ve been reading his books and have been happy to join the BALG group. I’ve found success with candle magick, and sigil magick, but I have not performed a evocation ritual yet. I need advice on that, not just how to do it, but who to call. Specifically I’m looking for a spirit that can help guide me to the higher planes past the astral, one who can help me gain influence over the Dallas music community, one who can help manifest unreasonable amounts of cash into my bank account, and finally one who can draw a true mate to me. Any advice would be truly appreciated. Also, in my professional life I’m a performing artist and teacher, I’m willing to share any information you may need concerning music, guitar, bass, song-writing ect. in return. From beginner to pro. just ask and my knowledge is yours. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Zach

Hey Zach,

You need a book, with all the spirits and their sigills in there, from all the spheres. I have plenty spirits and their powers listed, but not in english only german language. Right now I work with the spirits from my astrological cosmogram.
These spirits help me to make my natural born powers stronger.

[quote=“ZachD555, post:1, topic:71”]Hello,

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the group. I’ve been on a quest for knowledge, understanding and now power for the last two years. I was completely content with being agnostic and denying the spiritual realm, except for the pesky problem of constantly standing up from my body and wandering around the house. Eventually I had a spirit manifest himself to me in a physical, visible and audible form standing next to my bed with a guitar and playing old country songs. (I hate country music btw). He wouldn’t leave until I finally acknowledged him.

Since then it’s been a daily routine of meditation, reading, astral travel ect. I eventually came across an interview with Eric a couple months ago. Since then I’ve been reading his books and have been happy to join the BALG group. I’ve found success with candle magick, and sigil magick, but I have not performed a evocation ritual yet. I need advice on that, not just how to do it, but who to call. Specifically I’m looking for a spirit that can help guide me to the higher planes past the astral, one who can help me gain influence over the Dallas music community, one who can help manifest unreasonable amounts of cash into my bank account, and finally one who can draw a true mate to me. Any advice would be truly appreciated. Also, in my professional life I’m a performing artist and teacher, I’m willing to share any information you may need concerning music, guitar, bass, song-writing ect. in return. From beginner to pro. just ask and my knowledge is yours. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Zach[/quote]

Hi Zach,

Joy is right. You will definitely need a grimoire that has a list of spirits, their descriptions, along with their sigils. E.A.'s latest grimoire,
The Book of Azazel, is an excellent one as well has his previous work,
Evoking Eternity. You can also check out Konstantinos book - Summoning Spirits. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you Aurora and Joy!

I have a copy of Summoning Spirits and Evoking Eternity. I’m reading and understanding a lot from those books. Definitely need a copy of BOA. I just was curious if either of you have summoned the spirits in Evoking Eternity? Were they helpful? Also creative suggestions for places to build a temple. I’ve been using my bedroom for most of my magickal works. But there isn’t enough room to build a circle and triangle with an alter at the center of the room. How necessary are these steps?

[quote=“ZachD555, post:4, topic:71”]Thank you Aurora and Joy!

I have a copy of Summoning Spirits and Evoking Eternity. I’m reading and understanding a lot from those books. Definitely need a copy of BOA. I just was curious if either of you have summoned the spirits in Evoking Eternity? Were they helpful? Also creative suggestions for places to build a temple. I’ve been using my bedroom for most of my magickal works. But there isn’t enough room to build a circle and triangle with an alter at the center of the room. How necessary are these steps?[/quote]

Welcome Zach! With regard to your ‘space’ issues … it might be more practical for you to divide your space into 2 areas; the first being your anchor - the place inside your home where you read, meditate, and where you store your tools & implements for safekeeping. The second might be a particular spot outside where you have the privacy and freedom to do your actual casting work, your rituals & your evoking. A cloth can be your altar and salt for your circle is easy enough to carry. Keep in mind that all ceremonies & rituals by necessity are portable so be flexible … hold yourself to the SPIRIT of the ritual, not necessarily the formalities.

Thank you Zoe,

That was the little piece of advice I needed. I will give that a try with cloth, and salt. I really appreciate it. I like the concept of flexible magick, that allows for improvisation and personalization. That just feels right to me.

Zach

[quote=“ZachD555, post:6, topic:71”]Thank you Zoe,

That was the little piece of advice I needed. I will give that a try with cloth, and salt. I really appreciate it. I like the concept of flexible magick, that allows for improvisation and personalization. That just feels right to me.

Zach[/quote]

You’re very welcome Zach. I think you’ll find this small ‘liberation’ a boon to your workings in many ways. If it makes you feel more free & enthusiastic toward your Magick, thats a good thing. I’m very practical & I don’t like to go to a whole lotta trouble when a smaller effort works :wink:

Besides, whatchatink the average Mage 200 years ago did???